Onboard tours? veendam

teapot1958

Read about people taking onboard tours example" tour of the kitchen" How do you find tours offered on the veendam and how to arrange being able to join in. We will have use of the neptune lounge--should I start there? How do you get to the veendam bow. Someone said thru the theater but the directions stopped there. Need further directions. Some one said there was a thread to suite perks but I am new and don't know where to find that. any help or info is much appreciated.

You will receive a schedule every evening for the following day's activities and other information. We take a few different colored highlighters so we can each highlight the things we want to do. If they offer a galley tour, it should be on the schedule. Also, the schedule will have dining room hours, drink of the day, and other specials - spa, internet minutes, etc.

One activity I enjoyed on the Zaandam was a cooking class; they offered about 4 different classes on the ten day cruise, and I think it cost about $15. I signed up at the front desk. You may be able to sign up at the Neptune lounge since you'll be in a suite; I'm sure they can help you identify the activities that you'll enjoy, and starting there is a very good idea. You will have a wonderful time.

I don't think that the bow area is normally open when the ship is under way. It was open when we went through the Panama Canal locks (and directions were provided), and I hear it is also open in Glacier Bay, but those are scenic attractions without much ship movement.

How do you get to the veendam bow. Someone said thru the theater but the directions stopped there. Need further directions.

AAL is correct that the bow is open to passengers only during scenic cruising. The ship has to be going at a fairly slow speed to make it anywhere near possible to be out there.

Head through the show lounge on Promenade Deck (I use starboard side, but suspect port side works, too). When you get as far forward in the lounge as you can go there will be a door marked in some fashion you should not go any further. Go through that door. In about 3-4 feet there's another door; go through that. You are now in an area that is clearly not a passenger area.

If the bow is open you will see the doorway in front of you.

On my last cruise they did not give the indoor directions to the bow; only the ones from the Lower Promenade, which involve using a staircase, were given. That staircase takes you to the same non-passenger area that going through the double doors does.

We are just home from doing a 7 day and a 14 day Veendam cruises.

The concierge on this ship can also book shore excursions for you as there is now a machine there for her to print out the tickets.

This was one thing I was disappointed in - many of the free demo cooking classes were held at times when we were in port and off the ship. One was even held at noon -- lunch time for us. This was the first time is years that we never made it to one demo.

The kitchen (galley) tour is held on a sea day.

Just read your daily program which will be delivered to you after dinner for the next day.

cooking class ... and I think it cost about $15.
$29 pp.

The kitchen (galley) tour is held on a sea day.
Our last one was on the morning of a "semi-sea" day (docking at 1:00p), so check that too if you have one.

Archived