What if Solstice is Late?

ionsys

We are booked on the Sept 28/09 med cruise and have an assigned stateroom --Final payment due by July/09

What happens to those who have booked Dec08 innaugural or say through March 09 for Caribbean and and then earlier y med thru May/09--but then construction and sea trials are late and so that ship only gets sailing say June30/09 instead of Dec08

Do the early med folks bump the line so that folks on Sept28 are then also bumped?

Or -are the early med folks (say May/June) only given another ship alternative at that time--so that the Sept 28/09 bookings on Solstice still go ahead as planned ?

does anyone have knowledge of how this sequence works on newbuilds?

My hunch is that everyone prior to end June/09 would have to choose another ship by then --instead of bumping later solstice bookings--since otherwise there wouldn't be an end to the 'overbooking'

My hunch is that everyone prior to end June/09 would have to choose another ship by then --instead of bumping later solstice bookings--since otherwise there wouldn't be an end to the 'overbooking'
You hunch is correct, and for the reason you state. At least that's what I've always seen in the past. As previously posted, I don't think it will happen for Solstice.

Don't worry, be happy. :)

I dout that the Solstice will be late- as Meyer Werft did not deliver ships late in the past years- but - anything can happen- I just cross fingers that she will be on time- because I am booked Dec. 28. Let´s trust the phrase that germans are famout for beeing on time. LOL

My wife and I were scheduled to be on the inaugural sailing of the Millenium in July 2000. It was scheduled for a two week Baltic Cruise out of Amsterdam. About 10 days before the sailing, we were notified that the sailing was cancelled due to the ship not being ready for delivery. Only our sailing was cancelled and the ship was delivered for the next sailing two weeks later.

We were not "bumped back" to the next sailing. We did receive some nice compensation. In addition to receiving all of our money back for our cruise, we received certificates for a free Celebrity Cruise (one for each of us) for any Celebrity Cruise over the next 18 months. We used the certificates the next year for Alaska on the Infinity.

I dout that the Solstice will be late- as Meyer Werft did not deliver ships late in the past years....

I remember reading that Century was not completely finished when she was delivered from Meyer Werft. When we sailed on her 5 months after her maiden voyage, I remember that the video game room was not completed yet along with a couple of other albeit minor places. Still she was a great ship and it was a great cruise.

Even if she is not completly finisihed- as long as the cabins and the pancakes station is ready- no problem for me LOL! Did not know that about the Century- anyway the Solstice if sheduled to fload out in the early fall if my information is correct!

You have to rememeber that a ship that is a new class, like Solstice, will also have unpaid promotional sailings built it, to show her off to the press, key travel agents, etc. If she were late a week or even two, it might affect these but would leave the revenue passengers unaffected. Also, I think they pad the production schedule of a new class more than just the next copy of an existing class.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

If I have to, I'll bring my own paddle. I booked the innaugural cruise the first day it was open. This has been a dream of mine since I got bit by the cruise bug. Actually, this cruise will be my tenth anniversary of cruising. What a way to celebrate!!!

Archived