Kids at Dunn's River Falls

PictureMom

For those of you that have been to Dunn's River Falls before...My son is six almost seven. Will be okay climbing the falls? Will I be overwhelmed trying to climb myself and help him? My husband will be off with my daughter at a different excursion so I'll have him alone. He's a fairly adventurous kid...do you think he'll be fine?

I think you'll both have a blast! A guide will help if you get to a tricky part. When we did it (with a chain), there were several young kids holding there own, and even one person holding a 2 year old (which I don't recommend)...

My nine year old daughter just did it last week with no problems. They put you in a group and you hold hands and form a chain. It makes it pretty easy to get up. I'm sure he won't have a problem. I saw lots of other kids there having fun.

As long as he's not the type that gets scared easily he'll be fine--probably do better than you! There are guides who will help you, as well as other people.

If you need to, you can get out of the falls at various places.

I personally did not like the chains of people going up and we opted to climb on our own. We had a guy attach himself to us as our guide, and it did help to know the best places to climb. It was still very slippery in spots.

A few years back we did this with the river tubing. Our kids were 4, 8 and 10. The 4 year old did not really have any trouble getting up the falls. The only time she was scared was when we had to duck down to go under the road overpass- which her height was well under- but she started to cry going under the bridge. We had a friend that was going to stop climbing at the mid-point so she went ahead and took her to the top for us. But, my 8 and 10 year olds did fine to the top.

Archived