Why does everyone want to be on a high deck?

KTeaRN

I think Carnival's "free upgrades" promotions are largely just marketing ploys. Especially among inexperienced cruisers; they think they are getting a lot "more." This promotion always states that the upgrade is only among like cabins, for example, inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, and balcony to balcony type cabins (read the fine print). In the fine print, you'll read that the most desirable cabin categories are excluded from the promotion (for example category 9A and suites). People think they are really getting something extra, but in reality it is the same cabin but the geography is different. This type of marketing works though as most cruise consumers don't know a lot about the ships (unlike most CC members!). I have heard fellow passengers complain on the ship when they realize they really didn't get much for their "free upgrade."

I work hard for my cruise dollars. I always book the category that I want and ignore Carnival's so-called upgrades. I prefer suites and cat 9A unless I find a phenomenal deal on a regular balcony cabin and it is a cruise <7 days.

You have to attach your own value to the geography though. If being close to the ice cream or coffee pot makes you happy, then that is what vacation is all about. Most of us don't cruise to please someone else. Unless you are TheRaven though. To people like TheRaven, geography is everything (wink,wink!!). ;-)

I am excited to be on the Lido deck for our next cruise. I will be the first chair hog in the morning. :eek: (hehe....) Just kidding, but I like that with 4 sea days, we will be close to the action and the kids can go back and forth easy if they forget something. And the ice cream, well, that is the icing on the cake! Or would it be the ice cream on the cake...

We've been on the Riviera twice -- we found the experience depended on the ship and your nearest neighbors more than the actual deck. One cruise was quiet, peaceful and cheap :) the other was loud, full of drunks yelling up and down the halls for their kids to "stop running!" and cost a lot more...haha.

This year we were upgraded to the lido deck and the our cabins are sandwiched between two passenger decks -- we can't wait to find out what it's like to be higher up!

Wow I make one lil comment and now there are "people like TheRaven":D

like I was the only one thinking it

I have to admit as much as I like being on top I agree witht the person who posted that after all the excursions and exploring it can be easier on the bottom :eek:

as for forward aft or middle I mean who doesntwanna feel the motion

ok ive taken this threadtoa newlow ill leave now:o

...like I was the only one thinking it...

of course you weren't!!!!!!!:D

...I have to admit as much as I like being on top I agree witht the person who posted that after all the excursions and exploring it can be easier on the bottom :eek: ...

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

top and bottom are both good for diff reasons.:p

now, i thought you were a girl with your earlier post, but with your last comment above, you haveta be a guy, cuz both top and bottom is work for a woman if done right.:eek:

Love the lido deck cabins. Just out of pure laziness. They are so close to everything. We had no problem with noise on the Valor, and we walked out straight to the pool, food and fun. Would book again.

Love the lido deck cabins. Just out of pure laziness. They are so close to everything. We had no problem with noise on the Valor, and we walked out straight to the pool, food and fun. Would book again.

Me too!!! Only paid to upgrade there once, but it was so worth it. Im just too cheap to upgrade there all the time, but it was so convenient just to walk to the buffet for coffee and not have to wait for an elevator.

Archived