What I found to be truly amazing!

BelizePlease

Here’s something that I found to be pretty darn fascinating on our recent Pearl cruise. My family and I started doing an “annual family cruise” seven years ago. On our third cruise in 1994…we invited along some close friends of the family and they’ve been cruising along with us ever since. On that third cruise – we sailed on the Norwegian Sea – we met a waiter by the pool named Remo. Each day he would address each of us by name. We had two John’s in our group…my Dad was “Big John”…and my ‘cousin’ was “Little John”. Every day when one of them wasn’t there…he’d ask where the other was. He was very friendly – the kind of guy that my Dad loved to take good care of. That was my Daddy’s last cruise…we lost him to cancer that following January. L

Fast forward four years to March 21st 2008... We’re sitting on the pool deck of the Norwegian Pearl. One of the bar waiters was walking around and was offering us drinks and SMILING away. We thought…”Wow…that guy’s kind of odd!!” Eventually he started talking to us and asking if we had sailed the Pearl before. We said no…that we’d been on the NCL Sea. He says…”Yeah, yeah! I remember you!” We were like…oh riiiiiiight!! He tells us how he remembers Big John and Little John…and then he proceeds to NAME EACH ONE OF US!! This was the first day at sea…he hadn’t seen but one of our names since we were frequenting another waiter.

Then I see his name tag...REMO!

Truly remarkable to me. Someone who sees thousands of new people every week!

I've had a couple incidents similar to that but not near that level. Sounds like you have a great time on cruises and the crewmembers really enjoy being around people like that. I would take that as much a compliment to your party in addition to his great memory. Usually it's the head of security that remembers me. LOL.

that's a great story! we met the hotel director on our cruise in 1995 (Windward). his name was Caesar...originally from the philippines.

now being of filipino heritage my parents were happy to have made his acquaintence. so naturally, throughout the cruise, he would check in with us to see how things are going. our stewards were also of filipino heritage. (you can obviously see the theme here).

fast foward to 2002...Norwegian Sun. we looked at the photos of the ship officers. and found Caesar!!! 7 years has passed so we ask to meet him and he set up a nice little meeting in the observation bar (forget the name of that on the Sun).

sadly we lost touch since then. but email has allowed us to keep in touch with our friends from the last few cruises!

but email has allowed us to keep in touch with our friends from the last few cruises!

We still keep in touch via email with our favorite bartender of all time from Carnival. Someday we WILL get back on his ship! Whatever it may be at the time! :)

This cruise one of the bar staff from St. Lucia hooked us up with his Dad for a tour in St. Lucia...I'm sure we'll keep in touch with him too. I need to send him pictures! :D

Then I see his name tag...REMO!

Truly remarkable to me. Someone who sees thousands of new people every week!

Great story.

I'm waiting for someone to come into this thread and tell us how Remo would provide much better service if it weren't for automatic tipping.:rolleyes:

The Head Waiter on the Disney Cruise Line was like your Remo a few years back! He was on our 1st Cruise and again on our 3rd Cruise 3 years later. He remembered us all! He even remembered that my MIL liked her eggs Over Easy in the mornings and when he saw us in the Buffet for Breakfast he had Over Easy Eggs (not usually available at the buffet) brought up from the dining room to her...AND he remembered that DH liked the Oatmeal cookies and had a whole plate of them delivered to our stateroom...we were amazed!! I'd love to have a head waiter like Lloyd again!

Archived