Tell me your pre-cruise rituals???

want2seaitall

• 1 month later...

I make a checklist, a enormous one ha ha ha! So, two weeks before my travels, I check it and go shopping to buy the things I need. But the most important for me: checking my medicines and buy a nice soap! I don't like soap left on cabins and hotel rooms.

The ritual for me is to finish packing and get my hair highlighted the week before my family and I leave. The day before we pack the car,drop the dogs off at a neighbors house, clean the house top to bottom, go off to the airport hotel.

My pre cruise ritual starts from the moment I book......:)

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Way ahead of departure I shop for clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc....

I already have all my papers together and in their holders.

Right before we leave, I clean the house. Can't stand it dirty when I get back. More for me to do and who wants to do it when you have just had a great time.

This trip, DD is not going so she is staying home and pet sitting. So I don't have to clean as much. LOL

I NEVER get a pedicure/manicure. Never had one. Don't see the point in myself getting one. I am not a nail person.

Have to get my haircut about a week before. It will drive me crazy if I don't. I have short hair and want to be able to just wash and go.

Leave our itinerary with my parents.

I can't pack but the night before we leave as I am still using all those clothes, etc.. I am taking. Don't take by a carry on worth, so it doesn't take long to pack.

This cruise, I am off on Friday. My husband works till 3 ish and then he will get home, shower and change and we head to the airport. I got a great deal on a 4 star hotel before we leave out on Sunday!!

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my Must Dos Before I cruise are:

• Color and Cut my hair the day before I leave.
  • Manicure is a must.
  • Must buy at least 1 new dress for Formal Evening
  • Buy about 6 maybe 7 new outfits to wear. This way all my cruise photos don't look the same as the other cruises.
  • Ask a trusted neighbor or family member to collect my newspapers.
  • Stop mail delivery, and request that the Post Office deliver it the day after I return home.
  • Must put my tips in envelopes and put it aside as to not to spend that money.
  • Just leave all problems at home and go with the attitude to have fun.

Yes, I can relate to most of those things. I always like to buy a new bathing suit to take along with all my others :)

- one new formal/cocktail dress

- a pedicure is a must for me rather than a manicure

- trim and touch up hair

- try to cut down on eating a few weeks previous :)

- leave instruction with the kids for watering plants, taking care of our little dog, etc.

What are some of your rituals you do before a cruise?

Stop the mail, stop the newspaper, turn the burner control on the hot water heater to "Pilot," turn the thermostat for the furnace way down, set up several timers on lights in different rooms of the house, empty all the waste baskets (especially the kitchen!!!!), make sure we have all reservations, passports, baggage tags, airline tickets, etc. handy for quick access. Go over the long checklist the wife downloads from the computer, and make sure we both have our meds. Then we go a day before embarkation, get a hotel, go out for a nice dinner in a fine restaurant, get a good nights sleep, get up and have a nice leisurely breakfast while reading the newspaper, and finally go board ship sometime after 1 PM. After 10 cruises, we have it down to a science!;)

Take out the luggages a couple of weeks before and put them in a spare bedroom, I start packing the week before, that way I know what I will need. Get a pedicure and manicure the day before. Clean the house from top to bottom and I always change the sheets so they're clean when we come back. My kids drive me nuts because they wait for the night before to pack, 16, 21 & 23 years old. WE go out to a nice dinner the night before, so you feel like you're on vacation already. The next morning I usually go out to get breakfast for the family, and then have a car service pick us up, we're 1 hour away from the pier. Can't wait, next cruise July 8, 2009. :)

This cruise we have massages planned for the day before and then out for dinner. The morning of the cruise, we will have nice light special breakfast like champagne with strawberries and a light waffle. We then take our 4-legged baby to be boarded and then make sure the house is secure before the car service picks us up. Plan to be mucho relaxed before the cruise even begins!

• 3 weeks later...

Months prior I put start putting things in the spare bedroom for packing. Air out the suitecases. Find someone to keep the dog. Clean up the house. Find a few books to take on the cruise. Liveo n cruise critic for planning for things to do while on the cruise.

Archived