Totally confused now about formal night!

phannie

After reading several other post, I'm really confused now about the formal night dress code

(7 day CC)

1 night - cocktail dress/sport coat

1 night - formal dress/suit or tux

other nights, nice dress/slacks

HELP are there two formal nights?

On formal nights, a sportcoat isn't really "formal". Tux or dark suit is better. Evening gown or cocktail dress are for women. On all the other evenings, for men, slacks and golf/polo shirt are fine. For women, slacks, capris, skirt or dress is fine. Nice tops and heels, too!

Phannie

Carnival no longer calls it formal night. It is called cruise elegant. If you go to their website they will tell you what to wear.

I can almost guarantee that when you go to the dining room, you will wonder what the heck was I worried about.

The way you have it worded it sounds like one night is very formal (tux night) and the other is more of a cocktail party type formal night. While both are formal, sounds like the cocktail dress one is not a long dress night, making it semi-formal.

After reading several other post, I'm really confused now about the formal night dress code

(7 day CC)

1 night - cocktail dress/sport coat

1 night - formal dress/suit or tux

other nights, nice dress/slacks

HELP are there two formal nights?

Here's the deal on a 7 day Carnival cruise...

Yes. There will be two formal nights (to be re-named elegant after this month). (The first one tends to be where people wear their "more dressy")

On those two nights, wear whatever you personally want to wear to dress up; whether that is dressing up full out to the nines, or going a little more casual but still nice. (Cocktail dress/coat, full length formal/tux, etc.)

There will be lots of people dressed up regardless of what they call it, and it really is a time to enjoy taking pictures so keep that in mind.

The rest of the nights will be casual. Basically as long as you are not in bathing suit attire at dinner, you are fine. But most will be dressed up casually, but nicely.

There are two formal nights. You can wear a floor length gown, a knee length cocktail dress or a tea length dress. On Carnival there will be all three in addition to some ladies in just regular day time sundresses with jackets, etc. and still others in a dress type black slack and fancy top. Its really a matter of what will make you feel pretty and happy. Not to worry especially where it is Carnival in that there will be a good fixture of all the above IMO. I don't own a floor length gown and have been on 37 cruises on several lines, I just prefer a shorter or tea length while other ladies love the longer look, so just have fun with it and wear what makes you happy. :)

Thanks for the info!

Last time on RCCL the first "formal" night was more cocktail attire and the second was formal, where they took pictures.

I will make sure to pack two dress and stop worring about it. I never get the chance to dress up, so I'm just going to enjoy every minute of it!:)

Archived