Problem with liquor purchase on Infinity

Dalmar

Just returned from a fantastic cruise on Infinity, Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. I bought two bottles of Johnnie Walker Black at a decent price in the ships liquor store and as expected received the nicely boxed order on the last night of the cruise. Imagine my surprise when I just opened the box at home to find two bottles of Jack Daniels inside the box. Nothing against JD...but it isn't what I paid for and isn't worth even half what JW Black is. Now I'm at home and can't think of a thing to do about it. There's no point griping to Celebrity because they have no reason to believe me at this point. Yeah, I guess I should have untaped the nice packaging and looked inside when it was delivered to my stateroom, but really...who does that when you have to pack it away for an international flight the next morning? I forgot about the small detail that you can't bring liquids onboard the airplane cabin any more and you have to pack these things in your checked luggage and there was no way I was going to open the packaging. A sour end to what was otherwise a great cruise. I can't say enough good things about the cruise itself...it was amazing. Just beware what you buy in the stores.

That is really sad. I would call Celebrity about it. I understand you have no proof but they might make some kind of gesture of goodwill given the price difference in what you paid for and what you received.

I never open my onboard purchase boxes, either. Maybe this is something we should all do before we disembark!

I would definitely contact Celebrity about this. One of two things happened, if it was an honest mistake and either your order was mixed up with another order or the clerk packaged the wrong bottles. If the latter happened Celebrity's inventory controls will have caught an error and your letter will confirm it. If it was the former, the JB's rightful owner may have brought it already to their attention. If the error was deliberate, then this also should be brought to Celebrity's attention.

Archived