Fabric Steamer?

lovinsea

I know you cannot bring a travel iron on board..but you can bring a

small steamer, but now I understand it must have an automatic shut off.

I have a steamer I bring which is made by Joy Mangano called My Little

Steamer and it works fine, but does not have a shut off. My questions is

does anyone know who makes a travel streamer with a sutomatic shut off?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Someone else posted that Celebrity doesn't allow steamers either. Their room steward actually confiscated their steamer.

I had one, but I never used it, so won't be taking it anymore. I knew irons were not allowed, but never realized steamers weren't.

Just have to deal with the wrinkles.

Yes I just got one from Walmart for 12 dollars and it works great, with auto shut off. like you I had a little travel steam iron about the size of 5 x 6 x 2 inches when all folded, but I think the steamer will work so much better. I only ever had to use the iron once, no one notices the wrinkles anyway. But as advertised the steamer will freshen the cloths as well. It came with a little carry case, with a brush attachment as well. Will be using it for spot wrinkles at daughters upcoming play, since I am in the costume area.

If you can't find a steamer that has the auto shut off the laundry facility on board your ship may have irons. Princess does and we typically use them and have one less thing to pack.

It may be different on other lines though so you would want to check to be sure.

I have a small dual voltage travel steamer that I bought from Magellans. I've carried on several cruises without any comment about it or mishap. Just off the Zaandam and Holland America seems to be of two minds about steamers. In the booklet we received at embarkation it says that they are not permitted but a couple of the dailies had reminders to use caution with curling irons, hair dryers and clothes steamers.

I have the same My Little Steamer the OP mentioned. It doesn't have an automatic shut off, but it's coming with me anyway. I will leave it in my luggage until I need to use it, so it doesn't get confiscated.

Archived