Type of Passengers (age range)

flakkita

It all depends on the date and itinerary with Celebrity. If you are doing a 7 day Carib in the summer or at holiday time, the ages will be widely varied beacuse the families are cruising. And younger working adults can get a week off pretty easily.

Now if you are traveling in Feb to the Panama Canal or the Eastern Mediteranean, you will find a ship full of adults ranging from 30 -80's. Definitely a higher percentage of seniors than on the summer shorter cruises. But again, this happens on all cruiselines. A trip on Carnival in the winter to the Eastern Med will have older adults too. Retired seniors have the time and cash to do the longer trips.

You mention HAL being older. That line does skew older than Celebrity in my experience. But I haven't done a summer Carib cruise on them to comment on the difference in summer cruising.

My question is what is basically the passenger age range on Celebrity. Is it a mix age range or is it older than 65?

I am 35 and did a 7-night to Alaska last summer (34 at the time), on Infinity, with a 29 yeard old friend. We found we were amongst some of the youngest people, but it didn't bother us in the least. There was a range of ages, though I would guess the majority of people were 40+.

It is a mix, but maybe overall a bit more older cruisers. Probably not as many as HAL. Lots less kids on longer cruises, which is good. We have been hooked on longer cruises since the first one (Galaxy to the PC 2/'05).

We may never do a 7-nighter again. LOL :D

It really depends on the time of the year and itinerary. We sailed on Century in Eastern Caribbean in June and there was tons of kids (400?) and families. Then we sailed on Mercury California Coastal and at 33/34 felt like toddlers, my guess median age was around 70. Then we sailed on Century again last April i Caribbeans and most of the pax was in their 45-50.

You guys are a big help. It seems like everyone on different cruise lines say the same thing about different times of year. But HAL seems to be more 65 on up. Anyway thanks again.

It applies to HAL too. Their new Vista ships were launched to cater more to the families.

One thing I've noticed on Princess.. There were many young couples 20 - 30.

We've sailed HAL, RCL and Celebrity, all mostly for one week cruises when school was in. On RCL, it was really mixed and the cruise Director said the average age was 41. On Celebrity, it was slightly less mixed and I would guess the average age on our Constellation sailing to be about 50. It wasn't kid-free but there were noticeably fewer than RCL. On HAL, there was a large group of christian praise and worship fans (about 250) with their families and if they had not been there, we might have been the only people there under 65. With them there, I'm guessing the average age declined from 75 to 70.

Someone told us that X was a good line for a more mature crowd that was still active while HAL was for a more mature crowd that was more sedentary. I agree with this sentiment.

I would agree that Celebrity is a more mature line. However, thier kids program is fantastic. Our daughters have sailed RCI and X, and both like X much better.

I had friends go on HAL, with kids (7 and 9) and they said the age was a bit more than X, but the kids program was very good.

I would agree that Celebrity is a more mature line. However, thier kids program is fantastic. Our daughters have sailed RCI and X, and both like X much better.

I had friends go on HAL, with kids (7 and 9) and they said the age was a bit more than X, but the kids program was very good.

Celebrity programm is good for kids to preteens, but it's not as good for teens, especially teens in their 16-17. It ends too early, doesn't have activities like prom, hot tub parties, late discos.

My son enjoyed kids program til 11, but didn't like at 13 and 15.

My question is what is basically the passenger age range on Celebrity. Is it a mix age range or is it older than 65? Holland is over 65 and Princess and Royal are mixed ages.

The age range on the two HAL cruises I took seemed to be about on par with Celebrity. That said, the HAL cruises were both 7nt caribbean, whereas I would expect a longer cruise to have pax that are longer in the tooth.:o The longer Celebrity cruises generally had older average age pax.

The age range on the two HAL cruises I took seemed to be about on par with Celebrity. That said, the HAL cruises were both 7nt caribbean, whereas I would expect a longer cruise to have pax that are longer in the tooth.:o The longer Celebrity cruises generally had older average age pax.
Hey! I'm 64 and my teeth aren't very long at all. In fact, I just took them out of the glass and measured them . . . :D

We have done several cruises on RC and Celebrity & have found that the longer the cruise, the older the people. The only exception seems to be at holiday time. At Xmas this year, I understand that there were hundreds of children on the Infiniti South American cruise. We were on the Feb. 15 sailing & there were only a few dozen children- all were well behaved, too. As a 60 ish couple, we were among the age group of many of our fellow passengers.

Archived