What is the most economical and safe way to get from MCO to Port Canaveral?

I tried several times to search for the answer, but it keeps saying something about the memory being exhausted. Sounds like me at the end of the day. :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking for opinions on getting from MCO to Port Canaveral. Taxi? Carnival ground transportation? Thoughts, ideas? Thank you so much.

I tried several times to search for the answer, but it keeps saying something about the memory being exhausted. Sounds like me at the end of the day. :eek:

Anyway, I'm looking for opinions on getting from MCO to Port Canaveral. Taxi? Carnival ground transportation? Thoughts, ideas? Thank you so much.

I used Carnival's ground transportation. I think it is $25 each way. There maybe lesser expensive ways, but the transportation service Carnival contracts with had air conditioned buses and the aproximate 45 minute trip was comfortable.

After doing alot of research, and getting alot of great advice here, my DH and I are renting a car from Budget to the port and Budget going back to the airport. It's cheaper than transfers and cabs. We are doing the Sensation 10/23/08.:)

I just asked this same question on the money saving board not realizing it was being discussed here.

One (probably dumb) question, how do you go about returning the car? Are the car rental companies located at Port Canaveral? I'm guessing you would do a one way rental each day. Otherwise you're paying to park the car while you're cruising which seems counterproductive.

Any advise on how to do to the car rental thing would be appreciated. I'm sorry, the search function is still not working.

Thanks,

Shara

Google "Cruise Connection.".it is a bus that goes to cruise ships from airports.. We did it from TPA to MIA..$49 r/t in Jan 07..very nice buses..w. pull down screen at seat for movie...rest stops included

We have rented a car. About 25-35 depending on who you go with. FYI--make arrangements for a car for your return before you leave.

parrothead....great review and pics of you and your family..your daughters are beautiful....going on th triumph in feb.. cant wait....

Yes,that's the best way to go,pay for the bus service,no hassel.

I just asked this same question on the money saving board not realizing it was being discussed here.

One (probably dumb) question, how do you go about returning the car? Are the car rental companies located at Port Canaveral? I'm guessing you would do a one way rental each day. Otherwise you're paying to park the car while you're cruising which seems counterproductive.

Any advise on how to do to the car rental thing would be appreciated. I'm sorry, the search function is still not working.

Thanks,

Shara

From what Shirley says on the "I work in Port Canaveral thread" under East Coast departures, it is really easy to return a car and then the car place will drop you off at the port for free.

We drove (yep from Texas) and stayed at the Radisson when we went out of Port Canaveral, so I followed the thread, even though we drove in.

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral 8 times, with #9 coming up in September. We have always rented a car. I have cars reserved, total cost, $36 to the port and $43 back with budget. We pick up the car at the airport and when we arrive at the port we drop off the luggage and I either wait in the terminal, if we take the grandkids, or else go with my DH to take the car back. Leaving is easier because you do not have to load the luggage in the van. When we get off the ship we get a porter and he will take your luggage to the waiting area in the parking lot. One time we had a longer wait, but it still was not bad, all depends how many people are renting cars. We have also used Avis and Thrifty, which ever is cheapest. Anything else just ask.

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral 8 times, with #9 coming up in September. We have always rented a car. I have cars reserved, total cost, $36 to the port and $43 back with budget. We pick up the car at the airport and when we arrive at the port we drop off the luggage and I either wait in the terminal, if we take the grandkids, or else go with my DH to take the car back. Leaving is easier because you do not have to load the luggage in the van. When we get off the ship we get a porter and he will take your luggage to the waiting area in the parking lot. One time we had a longer wait, but it still was not bad, all depends how many people are renting cars. We have also used Avis and Thrifty, which ever is cheapest. Anything else just ask.
Plus gas and toll,i live in Orlando and still think the bus is the better way to go.

Dollar also has some good rates. I think the better deal is with the car. I found several shuttle/car services in the MCO area, none of which were under $140.00. I can pick up the car, drop the bags at the hotel, check out the sites and go get some rest before dropping off the the next morning. Dollar also has a shuttle to drop you off and pick you up at the pier One way was $37.00 and the other was $45.00 or something like that.

Dollar also has some good rates. I think the better deal is with the car. I found several shuttle/car services in the MCO area, none of which were under $140.00. I can pick up the car, drop the bags at the hotel, check out the sites and go get some rest before dropping off the the next morning. Dollar also has a shuttle to drop you off and pick you up at the pier One way was $37.00 and the other was $45.00 or something like that.
How much does carnival charge?

Archived