Does HAL use different keycard colors?

The difference in the card is not obvious to someone standing even a few feet away. Crew notice the difference at the gangway, for example, as it is identified as permitting priority tendering.

The last time we sailed on Celebrity we were in the big Suite and I recall being very uncomfortable every time we had to take the card out to buy a drink etc as the color differences were immediately obvious. I did not think that a good system.

Having sailed on the Ryndam and the Veendam recently, they now have the new system where you must present your ID card to be run through the machine in all the bars and the dining room and Lido, etc, whenever you order drinks, sodas, etc.

All the crew then knows that you are in either a PS, SA, SB, or SC if you have a gold card. All the others are blue.

If other passengers watch what color card you hand over, that is their business - I never bother to look to see what color card a person uses to buy a drink.

Archived