Celebrity Enrichment Lecturers

lysolqn

Just read on one of the "Meet and Mingle" boards that Celebrity has discontinued lecturers on all ships. Apparently someone called X within the last few days to find out who the lecturer was going to be on a particular sailing and was told by customer service that enrichment lectures are no more.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? If you've sailed recently (very recently), were lecturers onboard? Hope this is just bad information given by a rep who didn't know what he/she was talking about and not an indication of further cutbacks.

Thanks.

The web site list the lecturer schedule for 2007 still.

The reality is that Royal Carribean is cutting costs in everyway possible. Cutting lecturers is an easy cut.

And, yes, I will miss the the opportunity for a little enrichment and new knowledge on Celebrity cruises.

The web site list the lecturer schedule for 2007 still.

The reality is that Royal Carribean is cutting costs in everyway possible. Cutting lecturers is an easy cut.

And, yes, I will miss the the opportunity for a little enrichment and new knowledge on Celebrity cruises.

Are you "confirming" that X has cut lecturers or just suggesting that such a cut is within the realm of possibility?

If they have discontinued the lectures, what have they replaced it with?

I'm hesitant to believe they've discontinued lecturers but was inquiring since someone on one of the other boards said she was told by X that they've discontinued the onboard enrichment series on all X ships. I tend to think that's erroneous information, especially in light of karenj4546's post confirming there was a lecturer onboard Millennium as recently as a week ago.

Archived