Volendam - Hudson Room

TessM

What is the "Hudson Room" on the Volendam?

Sorry to post a question that has undoubtedly been asked before. But, I tried the search feature - but, it came back with an error message.

My cruise is about two months away and I looked at the deck plans again and there are some things on the deck plans that don't quite come together for me.

The layout of the Hudson Room looks a bit like a card room - but if that's the case, then what is the Kings Room and the Queens Room?

Thanks for your help!

Tess

It's a public room and essentially a meeting room for medium sized groups. It can be reserved for events like cruise critic get-togethers, small parties, or other group events. HAL has a few of these rooms designated for this purpose.

GN

The Hudson Room basically is the card room, but can also be used at times as a meeting room.

The King's Room is a small dining room forward of the Rotterdam Dining Room's upper level (starboard side). For breakfast and lunch, the King's Room is for the exclusive use of Penthouse Suite and Suite occupants. At dinner, it can either be for private groups or for regular dining assignments. The Queen's Room is opposite (port side) and is normally used for private meetings or functions.

Enjoy your cruise on my favorite HAL ship.

Actually all 3 rooms are "multi-purpose" meeting rooms. Sometimes groups on board will meet in them. Last April (looking back at a few Daily Programs), there was bridge in the Hudson room a couple of days, and Friends of Bill W. a couple of days. The Queens room had Jewish services and a Passover seder on a couple of days, and Friends of Bill W. met there a day or two. That sort of thing.

Also my favorite ship.

Archived