Anyone ever caught with RumRunners?

hunterJay

They look the same to me, except one holds more. Both are food grade, any difference? Of course, we just did the nice and legal. I ordered a bottle of vodka and a bottle of brandy (for those chilly Alaskan nights)!

[quote name='ChBoxers800']For what it's worth, I've never heard of anyone getting caught with rum runners.

We used ours on a March 15th sailing and they went right through in our packed luggage.

Not sure about that wine box tho....they might see that one. To be safe, I'd pack the rum runners and the wine box in different suitcases so if the wine one gets pulled, your rum runners won't be "exposed" when going to the naughty room.[/quote]
We have packed wine boxes but took the bladder out of the box and have had no problems. Be sure the bladder is clear plastic as a foil liner will show up like a Christmas tree. We fold the box flat and take a glue stick and put it all together in the room. We usually take a 3 litre box with us. Rum Runners also get through with no problem - they are clear plastic and the xray can not pick it up. Our bar bill is almost non existant.

The first time we sailed NCL was on the Dawn in Dec 2004. At that time, they ran 2 for 1 specials in the Star Bar after 11pm. We would buy six bottles of beer and get six free. DH enjoyed having beer in our cabin fridge for a cocktail on our balcony. We found that we actually spent more on our booze bill with the late night specials because it was so much fun keeping the fridge filled with beer.

Our our recent NCL cruise, DH didn't buy as much beer onboard because it was so expensive. We found the daily cocktail specials were a better deal. I do like the Carnival wine policy of allowing one bottle per passenger. NCL's tight policy only makes us spend less on the ship and more in the ports.

Wouldn't it be nice if the cruiselines would allow you to purchase one bottle of duty free liquor in the store onboard and have it delivered to your cabin on the first day of the cruise instead of the last evening.

[quote name='Ms belp']They look the same to me, except one holds more. Both are food grade, any difference? Of course, we just did the nice and legal. I ordered a bottle of vodka and a bottle of brandy (for those chilly Alaskan nights)![/quote]
Yea, I'm thinking about the same thing. But a box of wine (or gin or whisky or whatever:D ) and take away the box and only have the "bag" left. Any difference from a rumrunner thing?

On recent cruise we were able to bring onto ship a 750 ml bottle of spirits :eek:

They detected our 2 bottles of wine and we paid the corkage fee, but they never detected the other bottle.

Please don't ask me how. I was smart enough to do something with it that it went undetected - in its original bottle :eek:

[quote name='bluesea777']On recent cruise we were able to bring onto ship a 750 ml bottle of spirits :eek:

They detected our 2 bottles of wine and we paid the corkage fee, but they never detected the other bottle.

Please don't ask me how. I was smart enough to do something with it that it went undetected - in its original bottle :eek:[/QUOTE]

oh i'd love to know how....hehehehehhe

[quote name='garycarla']First, I would not sneak something on myself. Only pointing out the illogical process we have.

I can not for the life of me understand how YOU will jeopordize our national security if YOU were to have a bottle of booze, water, etc in your pocket. Please explain that to me.

Those puffs of air are looking for certain fumes or chemicals that alert them to dangerous items. Water is not one of them,or else we would all be in trouble since the vast bulk of the human body is water.

You are right about the box cutters. After all, they give you steak knives with dinner.

But, again, please explain how you taking water on a plane is a national danger?[/quote]
It's taxing to the employees; it is tiresome to the people stuck in line behind you; and it's just not right to break the rules.

I'm surprised by the fact no one brought up the fact that you are stealing left and right by bringing aboard these prohibited items.

Lost revenue from the alcohol sales.
Labor cost for searching and handling of smuggled alcohol.

Not to mention the servers and bartenders who depend on the 15% tip when you purchase the alcohol, you are stealing from all of them directly when you break the rules instead of buying from them. Its a capital offense around here to mention not tipping enough, but isn't this the same thing?

[quote name='falken']I'm surprised by the fact no one brought up the fact that you are stealing left and right by bringing aboard these prohibited items.

Lost revenue from the alcohol sales.
Labor cost for searching and handling of smuggled alcohol.

Not to mention the servers and bartenders who depend on the 15% tip when you purchase the alcohol, you are stealing from all of them directly when you break the rules instead of buying from them. Its a capital offense around here to mention not tipping enough, but isn't this the same thing?[/QUOTE]

not if your bar tab alone by the end of the week is $1000...and that's LOW...IMO. you figure with the prices of the drinks on board...$100/day can easily be done (and i expect to do that). pitchers of sangria (not on the menu, but can be made for you in the dining rooms) certainly aren't cheap, but who cares, i'm on vacation.

while i understand your point. i still would bring on some stuff...just for the sake of seeing if i can do it. but i can't speak for anyone else.

as for tipping...well...the regulars know all about those threads. (i'll just stay away from that topic having worked as a waiter before.)

[quote name='ohioNCLcruiser']I just purchased the new large rum runner. I will let you know if I make it through security or not.
James

[URL="http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rumrunnerkt5.jpg"][IMG]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6906/rumrunnerkt5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Do you have any suggestions on how to smuggle a beer truck? Looks like you might have luck with a keg.:D

i thought that the prices on the Jade weren't extreme for drinks.
My husband drinks chivas regal whiskey and payed $5,75 + 15%.
Soda can $ 1,75 + 15%. And the bar setup was also a good solution for a drink in the cabin.For me no reason to smuggle.
burny

Archived