HAL Westerdam - Playboy Jazz Cruise 2009

Cour10ay

Anyone on this cruise, or taken one of these before? We are thinking about booking but have no idea what to expect from a Jazz Cruise. Love the music, just not sure how "theme cruises" work. Also, never sailed HAL, are Diamond/Elite on RCI and X. Will we like the Westerdam and HAL?

I've read quite a few threads in this HAL section and you all seem very helpful and fair in your opinions. Very nice.

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...

Hi Courtney, My high school friend Janis and I are leaving the husbands at home and going on the Playboy Jazz Cruise. I'm a dedicated Blues Cruiser and let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've experienced that kind of holiday! I hope it's not sooooooooo low key that a bunch of old fogies tap their toes. No worries, I'll liven up the ship. Hope to meet you.

Hi iamtothemax,

We have a Roll Call thread going for the PJC here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=763113&goto=newpost

Did a "No husbands allowed cruise" a couple of years ago and it was a blast. I'm hoping, like you, that this is a full on good time cruise, and I think it will be. The line-up is great, they have lots planned onboard for us, plus the ports are really nice.

We are 6 travelling together, 2 couples and we girls are bringing our sisters along. (They need to get out more :rolleyes: ) We'll be the ones partying til the wee hours.

Check out the Roll Call and hope to meet you onboard!

Hey Courtney, Thanks for the thread. Yes, let's get together and dance like nobody's watching. I'm getting really excited and have all my stuff ready to rock and roll, or all the jazz. Even have my penis mardi gras beads and blinkies. I really hope this ship isn't a sleeper. No worries, we'll have a great time. Lets plan on meeting. Maxi

I always dance like nobody's watching. :eek: Don't have any mardi gras beads, but I think I can come up with something. Did you know they're planning a Pajama Party for one of the nights? We did that on our girls cruise, but we were the only ones in the bar in our nightgowns. Great night.

Look forward to meeting you!

Have a wonderful Jazz cruise! We go to the Playboy Jazz Fest in LA every year and love it. If the turnout there is anything like at the Hollywood Bowl you will have folks from there 20's to 70's who love music and like to dance to it. This is a fantastic line up and I hope they will make it an annual thing. However, they really had trouble filling it up do to the economy. The jazz musicians are much more accessible than rockers and they really appreciate their fans!

• 3 weeks later...

dlvandyk-

We had a great time, and even liked visiting Nevis.:eek:

I think what we liked so much about the cruise was the variety of entertainment from straight up jazz to latin to blues to fusion and modern. We're exhausted from trying to see and hear everything! It was also our 1st jazz cruise but won't be our last.

I liked the ship, it's not over done in decor. The crew was friendly and helpful. In some areas I think their customer service could be better. The food in the buffet was ok. My husband like having breakfast there. We did have some excellent meals in the dining room. You must do at least one night in the specialty restaurant Pinnacle Grill, it was great. The price was $20 and the price at a restaurant with the service and food on land would be much much more. If you have any other specific question let me know and I will try to answer them.

Have a great trip. :D

If you want to do the Smooth Jazz Cruise in Jan you should check now about booking. The last time I checked yesterday it was 85% booked. We had thought about doing that cruise also, just not sure right now.

I agree!! I have a group of friends that go every year and this one books fast. But if you can't book now, normally some cabins come open after final payment.

They love the theme cruises and seeing their faves. I know that they really don't like the stops for the 2010,but they go for the music!!

Go on youtube and check out some of video that people place online!!

I would also love to go,but it's hard for me to get off time early in the year and I'm hooked on HAL's longer cruises!!

Archived