fuel surcharge email

stellatj

I have no clue the method to it, just will have to be patient and when it comes, it comes. Our last names end in E and C, we booked in August of 07 for our June cruise, and in May of 07 for our Feb.08 cruise, and we booked our Jan.31st 2009 cruise in October of 07. We had to go back and pay the fuel surcharge for the Feb.cruise, and paid the fuel surcharge for the June cruise when we paid it off last November. So I don't think it's how far back you booked, I don't think it has to do with the 1st letter of your last name, and I don't think it has to do with who's had theirs paid off the longest.:confused: Guess the credit comes when it comes, we'll be getting a credit back on our card for the Feb. cruise we just took, we'll have the Jan. 09 cruise balance reduced, and we'll get obc for 4 cabins booked & paid for on our upcoming June trip. I think it will take them a while though, they have a lot of bookings to go through, glad I'm not them.:p

I have no clue the method to it, just will have to be patient and when it comes, it comes. Our last names end in E and C, we booked in August of 07 for our June cruise, and in May of 07 for our Feb.08 cruise, and we booked our Jan.31st 2009 cruise in October of 07. We had to go back and pay the fuel surcharge for the Feb.cruise, and paid the fuel surcharge for the June cruise when we paid it off last November. So I don't think it's how far back you booked, I don't think it has to do with the 1st letter of your last name, and I don't think it has to do with who's had theirs paid off the longest.:confused: Guess the credit comes when it comes, we'll be getting a credit back on our card for the Feb. cruise we just took, we'll have the Jan. 09 cruise balance reduced, and we'll get obc for 4 cabins booked & paid for on our upcoming June trip. I think it will take them a while though, they have a lot of bookings to go through, glad I'm not them.:p

My guess is it is going by the ones that sail soon. Those that will get rebates will be within the 30 days earmark, but the ones that cruise here shortly have to have the OBC and going by sail date. The ones that cruise after 6/23 will have it removed from their bills. Just MHO

am i the only person who has not recieved a email yet?

is it showing up on anyone credit card yet? i have not heard

anything yet.

Nope I have not received one either nor has my PVP called. I'm not too worried as I still have a long ways until I leave but it doesn't make much sense on how Carnival is doing the notification.

Here's the skinny:

If you paid your deposit before 07NOV07 and were sailing after 01FEB08, then you are entitled to a refund of the fuel surcharges that had been added to your final balance.

For cruises departing on or before 04APR08, guests wil receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

For cruises departing from 05APR08 - 23JUN08, guests will receive an on-board credit

For cruises departing on or after 24JUN08, guests' booking will be adjusted to eliminate the fuel supplement.

I am just beginning to see the adjustments on my bookings today. My clients who cruised in February have not seen the refund on their cards yet but I expect they will see it very soon.

This is huge undertaking for sure with so many cruise lines to adjust. Adding the fee was easy since they had added it across the board...adjusting it off ain't gonna be so quick...smile!

Have a great weekend!:)

gigismf

http://www.bocaratonnews.com/news/lo...el-charges.php

Carnival Cruise Lines, subsidiaries, settle with AG on fuel charges

Published April 4th, 2008

By Dale M. King

CITY EDITOR

Carnival Cruise lines and five subsidiary cruise lines have agreed to refund some $40 million to consumers nationwide who had to pay a fuel surcharge after they had booked cruises, according to Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum.

The AG said his office reached a resolution with a total of six cruise lines over the imposition of a retroactively imposed fuel surcharge on passengers. Other affected cruise lines, he said, were Holland America, Princess, Costa, Cunard and Seabourne.

“I commend Carnival and its cruise lines for taking the necessary steps to ensure that this matter is resolved in their passengers’ best interest,” McCollum said. “I appreciate this company’s commitment toward protecting not only our citizens and our guests but also

Florida’s reputation as an attractive vacation destination.”

He said the agreements were reached after the Attorney General’s Economic Crimes Division received several hundred complaints from around the country about the entire cruise line industry because passengers were retroactively charging a fuel supplement charge after cruises had been booked and deposits had been made.

Under the agreements, all consumers who were retroactively charged a fuel supplement will be refunded the full cost of the surcharge. In the future, the cruise lines must also ensure clear and conspicuous disclosure of any fuel supplement charges at the time the reservations are made, as well as in advertisements.

The agreement with Carnival and its cruise lines will affect more than 1.1 million bookings, said McCollum.

He said Carnival will contact consumers eligible for refunds and must report to the Attorney General’s Office on the status of refunds within 30 days.

Consumers who believe they have been improperly charged surcharges may file complaints with the Attorney General’s Office by calling the fraud hotline at 1-866-966-7226 or by visiting the Attorney General’s website at http://myfloridalegal.com.

A similar settlement was reached last month with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises, said McCollum, resulting in another $21 million in consumer reimbursements.

Dale M. King can be reached at 561-549-0832 or at dking@bocanews.com.

am i the only person who has not recieved a email yet?

is it showing up on anyone credit card yet? i have not heard

anything yet.

You are not alone, I haven't recd an email either but I did call them and they told me it was in my account as OBC. We will see later after I board Freedom.

Fred

The onboard credit for my cruise in two days showed up this morning. It is on page 8 of My Documents. It still shows the fuel surcharge, but does also show credit of $50. I also received the email notice day before yesterday. Nice to see!

Just called back. Something wasn't right after I thought about it. The guy had told me you are eligible for the refund for any booking prior to Nov, so I told him I booked in May. He said I booked after, so I'm thinking Nov of 06. Couldn't be right because I seen it on my bill earlier this year. So, my second call confirmed I will get a refund. Anyone who booked before Nov 07 should get a refund.

You are not alone, I haven't recd an email either but I did call them and they told me it was in my account as OBC. We will see later after I board Freedom.

Fred

Fred,

We received the email, but it wasn't on our account when I checked it about an hour ago.

I called Carnival today and asked if I had an OBC. He told me no so I asked about the fuel refund (I booked in June 07). He said that it will show up on my OBC once I am on the ship:confused: I sail next Sunday.

I am bring all of my paperwork with me that shows the fuel charge just in case:rolleyes: The charge is also listed in my docs I received last week.

We will see.

Archived