fuel surcharge email

stellatj

I haven't gotten one, either. I have not yet made my final payment - it's due in about 10 days, but I thought I would have gotten an email by now. My brother and SIL, who are sailing with us, have gotten an email. They made their final payment a few weeks ago, so that may be the reason. If I don't get something by Monday, I'm going to call my PVP.

I haven't gotten one, either. I have not yet made my final payment - it's due in about 10 days, but I thought I would have gotten an email by now. My brother and SIL, who are sailing with us, have gotten an email. They made their final payment a few weeks ago, so that may be the reason. If I don't get something by Monday, I'm going to call my PVP.

I have not gotten one and we have made our final payment. But I think that only PVP are sending them. At least that is why I think we haven't as we have a TA. But what do I know.

I've not seen one yet either, but my PVP seems to send paper copies of everything, so I figure I will get a letter in the mail in the next couple of weeks. If I have not heard anything with a week or so left before cruising, then I will probably give her a call. They have got to have thousands and thousands of customers this affected, it is going to take a while to contact everyone.

Back when the refunded us Canuks, never got an email.

However I received new invoices by snail mail with the surcharge removed.

Paid in full Legend appeared a couple of weeks later on my CC.

Splendor my amount owing went down.

Patience Grasshopper.

am i the only person who has not recieved a email yet?

is it showing up on anyone credit card yet? i have not heard

anything yet.

Give them some time, it was only decided/announced a week ago. Big corporations move slowly.

Give them some time, it was only decided/announced a week ago. Big corporations move slowly.

If the posts in the original Fuel Surcharge thread are to be believed, they managed to add the charge to nearly all affected existing bookings within 24 hours of the original announcement Nov 7th.

They didn't seem to have any problem with speed when it was time to "assess" the charge. ;) :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=657632

I've been waiting also, and just got my email this morning. Maybe they go by last names?? don't know how they do it, but I would just be patient and it should show up soon.

I had that same thought. My last name starts with a "T," and after 17 years of marriage you would think I would get used to the alphabetically-challenged way of life. (Maiden name started with "L" - I knew I should have made him take mine! :rolleyes: )

We haven't gotten anything yet, either. Booked five cabins for May cruise last September (and paid $250 deposit for all passengers), made final payment in early February. Booked directly through Carnival PVP. Email sent to him. No reply yet:(

I hope Carnival's not trying to send it by fax. I keep the incoming calls option turned off unless I know beforehand that I'm getting a fax from someone. Maybe I'll turn it on for the weekend and see what happens!

BTW, our last name starts with H

If the posts in the original Fuel Surcharge thread are to be believed, they managed to add the charge to nearly all affected existing bookings within 24 hours of the original announcement Nov 7th.

They didn't seem to have any problem with speed when it was time to "assess" the charge. ;) :rolleyes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=657632

I was thinking the same thing. It took no time for it to appear on our accounts when they added it. :)

we got our emails (last names start with m and s) but it wasn't from our PVP's address. It was a random chain of letters and numbers at carnival. I opened it with caution so that I wouldn't get virus'd, but they were legit. It seems they were scanned copies of a paper letter or maybe they were jsut made in a weird format (I haven't gotten a .tif in a long time). Either way my email had the subject of "fuel surcharge refund". There were two of the emails right next to each other so I thought it might've been junk (it was in my junk mail) but I just HAD to try. Lucky me I didn't delete it!

Me neither but it probably takes quite awhile for it to trickle down.

Neither did I. However, I made final payment yesterday and the TA just removed the charge so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I WILL use this guy again!:D

I had that same thought. My last name starts with a "T," and after 17 years of marriage you would think I would get used to the alphabetically-challenged way of life. (Maiden name started with "L" - I knew I should have made him take mine! :rolleyes: )

Our name starts W, :p so how long is it going to take us? Also we sailed on Mar. 1st!

Luv's Crusin'

I have heard nothing. I called them today and the Carnival rep told me it takes time. I told him I'm leaving in 22 days and didn't want to deal with this on the ship. He said to check again in 10 days and it should be there.

Archived