Jet Blue Pricing

Scooter-n-GB

Anyone else notice that JB always seems to start out high when new fares are released and then come down? I've been tracking PWM to FLL R/T 10/18/08 to 10/27/08, and the departure times I'm looking for started out about $330, and have now come down to $309. It is still over 6 mos out, so I'm hoping that prices will continue to decline.

Anyone have any inside info on fare strategies for JB? :)

Thank you!

I don't have any "inside information" however, we have flown JB for the last 2 trips to FLL from California. Yes, they started out high and the prices did drop after purchase. That's the good news. The bad news is, we got a credit that could be used for a future flight, not a refund. Hmmmmm, sounds like a pretty good plan to me!! For our second trip, they had stopped the non-stop flights which meant we had to do lay overs. Could have taken another airline with better connections but felt obligated to use the credit we had.

Hi,

We booked NY to FL a few months ago for 4/15 departure (spring break time for the kids here). 208 rt pp out the door. Just looked yesterday, $244 EACH WAY! Same flight. Must be supply and demand that raised the rates?

Chesie

It's getting more difficult to make predictions but fares between the northeast and Florida after Labor Day usually go down with fall specials. Check farecast.com and you can see what they're predicting. Good Luck. Ken...

I used to live in Utah and knew a few people who worked for Jet Blue and what they told me was they have so many $49,$59,$69 etc. dollar seats per flight they sell those first and raise the price as they sell out. But I don't know if that is right or not just what they said. :confused:

Scooter, we are on the same October 19 sailing of the Crown out of FLL as you. We booked our flights out of Buffalo to FLL shortly after they opened October flights and have been wondering the same thing.

The total price of the flights for the 4 of us was just under $1,300. About a week later the total price of the 4 flights increased by $500. If the price stay at this level, I feel we got an amazing deal.

I guess it is wait and see.

Hi Liv,

Only 6 more months! Right now, they're still holding at $309. I waited, when booking for last Sept, until June, and then just couldn't pass up. Back then, we got the flights for $233. I would be happy if I could get the same for $280 this year. :)

Hi again Scooter,

Yes ... 6 more months and I have a feeling that now that spring has arrived that the 6 months will go by quickly. We have a very busy spring/summer with lots of weekend plans and I know it will be fall before we know it.

I'm watching pricing closely too and hope to things drop. Good luck with your flights. We have our pre-cruise hotel booked as well. All we need to book is a pre-flight hotel in Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not taking any chances. Just snagged DL for $238.50/PP. Given all the rate increases that I've seen lately, and the fact that JetBlue is still $309, I highly doubt that I will beat $238.50. I can't justify paying $70/PP more just to have a television in front of me. :p

I can't justify paying $70/PP more just to have a television in front of me. :p

Well, you do get more pitch, a better in-cabin experience, friendlier cabin crew, and an airline that treats you as people rather than cargo.

But I do agree, $70/PP is money in your pocket.

Scooter .. it is probably best you booked now. Jet Blue has been raising their prices ... so you probably will not get a better price than you did with Delta. We booked our flights to FLL from Buffalo in March. The price for the four of us has gone up by a total of $700. I'm so glad we booked when we did.

Also forgot one thing, JetBlue doesn't charge $25 for a second checked bag unlike Delta.

We're currently in "luggage reduction training". :p Actually, only need one checked each, and will just up make excellent use of the carry-on allotment.

• 2 weeks later...
Also forgot one thing, JetBlue doesn't charge $25 for a second checked bag unlike Delta.

They charge now for the second bag, and I know sometimes they would let you slide if you had a bag that weighed just a couple of pounds over 50 pounds.

I asked my son this morning about the second bag and he said they charge now. He works for Jet Blue in customer service.

They charge now for the second bag, and I know sometimes they would let you slide if you had a bag that weighed just a couple of pounds over 50 pounds.

I asked my son this morning about the second bag and he said they charge now. He works for Jet Blue in customer service.

This is the message on their site-

Checked Baggage Requirements

Free Baggage Allowance

Each customer may bring two bags free of charge until June 1, 2008.

On or after June 1st each customer may bring only one bag free of charge.

Each bag must NOT exceed 62 inches (157.48 centimeters) in overall

dimensions (length + width + height) and can NOT exceed 50 pounds

Archived