Carribean Princess

penaddict

I also posted this in the Princess section and just saw this one now. :)

Which Inside Cabin is Good for Princess (Caribbean Princess)

I'm looking to book a cruise using bestpricecruises (hope this will be okay) and found the following options for an inside cabin. (Aug. 31 Canada)

Any suggestions?

Category I: Riveria Deck: R217, R736, R737, R211, R740 or R741

Category J: Baja Deck: B257, B712, B252, B253, B716 or B717

Category JJ: Aloha Deck: A244, A240, A236, A237, A720, A232

Category K: Guaranteed

Category KK: Caribe Deck: C244, C241, C724, C236, C237, C732

Category L: Guranteed

Has anyone booked with this company before?

They seem to offer the best rates and my travel agency said they can't even match the rates and wonder how they are getting that rate as it also comes with $50 shipboard credit.

Thanks.

Well, sorry, but we cannot name agency names or offer advice in that regard.

As for which cabin, they are all pretty much the same and the only difference is location. If you are worried about motion or seasickness, don't go with anything up on the Riviera deck. Lower and more central is better for that. Would you rather be close to the Horizon Court or the spa/pool areas?

Personally, I would take C724. Lower level and also category (equals lower cost). Aft personally preferred over forward. Has cabins either side as well as above and below for quiet.

Well, sorry, but we cannot name agency names or offer advice in that regard.

As for which cabin, they are all pretty much the same and the only difference is location. If you are worried about motion or seasickness, don't go with anything up on the Riviera deck. Lower and more central is better for that. Would you rather be close to the Horizon Court or the spa/pool areas?

Personally, I would take C724. Lower level and also category (equals lower cost). Aft personally preferred over forward. Has cabins either side as well as above and below for quiet.

I was thinking A244 (Aloha). C724 and A244 are the same price on this site. What's the difference front vs back as they same to be the same.

Up-and-down motion is felt the further you are from the center of the ship, as well as the higher up you are. Forward feels this up and down more so than aft does. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time at the spa or gym area, forward cabins would be my last choice, after midships and aft.

Side to side is felt everywhere, but more at higher decks than lower.

Assuming you have the same price on all the cabins, I would pick something in the best cabin category and center or aft. I do not have any motion issues, so for myself, would go with R736/740/741; very close to exit to Terrace pool. Literally steps away from the pool deck and very near Horizon Court. But its high up and may not be a good choice for everyone.

For the best overall location for 'everyone' I still think something lower is a better first time choice. Baja midships or Caribe midship or aft (or lower, but that was not in your option list). Most of the cabins you listed are forward or aft, not midships. But there are comparable cabins midships of the same categories, like the JJ on Baja or the J on Caribe. IF those are available, take them instead of the ones you listed. If not, I still say go for Caribe deck; more aft than forward.

If you still think you want to go as high as Aloha, then you might as well just go all the way to the top and take Riviera. Its not going to be that different of a ride from Aloha, but the cabin location will be more convenient on Riviera.

Up-and-down motion is felt the further you are from the center of the ship, as well as the higher up you are. Forward feels this up and down more so than aft does. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time at the spa or gym area, forward cabins would be my last choice, after midships and aft.

Side to side is felt everywhere, but more at higher decks than lower.

Assuming you have the same price on all the cabins, I would pick something in the best cabin category and center or aft. I do not have any motion issues, so for myself, would go with R736/740/741; very close to exit to Terrace pool. Literally steps away from the pool deck and very near Horizon Court. But its high up and may not be a good choice for everyone.

For the best overall location for 'everyone' I still think something lower is a better first time choice. Baja midships or Caribe midship or aft (or lower, but that was not in your option list). Most of the cabins you listed are forward or aft, not midships. But there are comparable cabins midships of the same categories, like the JJ on Baja or the J on Caribe. IF those are available, take them instead of the ones you listed. If not, I still say go for Caribe deck; more aft than forward.

If you still think you want to go as high as Aloha, then you might as well just go all the way to the top and take Riviera. Its not going to be that different of a ride from Aloha, but the cabin location will be more convenient on Riviera.

Thanks. I took everyone's advice and went with the aft closest to the elevator on Caribe. I think we were in this vicinity on our first cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Archived