One question

kodiak1

I used an on-line cruise co. once and it turned out to be a great experience ~ everything went very well....however, I was a nervous wreck before hand. Besides that time, I have booked with a TA or now what I usually do is book direct. My parents, used the one advertised here a couple to times ~ everything was fine.

We've done 7 cruises that were booked with 3 different online companys. Had one little problem (my fault) and it was taken care of promptly. I have always found better prices online, but I'm CHEAP.

We have used the online booking once--no problems at all. We usually check the online ads and then book direct quoting the best price we found. The cruise line seems to always have a cabin for us at the best price with some sort of upgrade or perk added. So it pays to look at the ads and note the number of the deal before you call the ship direct. The only difference I've found is that the online vendor may be offering a ship board credit and the cruise line direct booking does not.

Along those lines, have any of y'all ever booked directly with Carnival, then transferred your booking to an online agent? If so, did it change your booking number? Did you have to re-fill out your funpass information all over again?

The main thing is "know before you go".

Ask questions like:

1. Do they charge a cancellation fee, if the cruise is cancelled before the penalty period?

2. Is this the "out the door" price? This insures you are comparing apples to apples. When we book now, I want the TOTAL PRICE. Cruise, fees, taxes, TIPS (we prepay our tips now as just the cost of cruising) and fuel surcharges.

We have used a Carnival PVP for years. And he knows to give me the "out the door" price.

Of course, when we start sailing with another cruise line (eventually) we won't be able to use him. :(

I've used 3 different on line TA's on different occasions and never had a problem. All have been great to work with and have helped me out when there were price drops and helped me switch cabins when I needed to.

Just make sure when using an on line TA that you can reach a human being by phone. Although I always use an on line TA, I always book by phone and keep that particular agent throughout my booking period.

Along those lines, have any of y'all ever booked directly with Carnival, then transferred your booking to an online agent? If so, did it change your booking number? Did you have to re-fill out your funpass information all over again?

I just transferred my ressie to a TA I found on an online site. Everything has transerred & so far - no problems. My reservation #s stayed the same, I can access my ressies on Carnival's site, didn't fill out eatra forms, etc. Only thing that changed was the price - I got some more $ off of each cabin.

Archived