Shared Entree in DR

We're thinking of ordering an entree we would never eat and share if we get a private table for 4. We would then also each order an entree we want. Has anyone ever done this or is there another way? We're afraid if we order something and don't like it then what do you do? Also this would give us a chance to try something different.

You can order as many appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, and desserts as you want. And if you don't like something you've ordered tell your waiter and they will get you something else.

We're thinking of ordering an entree we would never eat and share if we get a private table for 4. We would then also each order an entree we want. Has anyone ever done this or is there another way? We're afraid if we order something and don't like it then what do you do? Also this would give us a chance to try something different.

Order whatever you want including extra entree's. If you don't like something, just tell your waiter and they will take it back.

We would typically EACH order 1-2 appetizers AND 2-3 entrees. And there wasn't much waste because we actually ate most of it... ;)

Just make sure to take care of your wait staff because they are working EXTRA hard...

Many people will order both the steak and lobster dinners. On our last cruise, my wife and I both were full but wanted to try the sampler dessert. The waiter brought it out with an extra plate. They have no problems doing it at all.

Absolutely order 3 entrees! On the last cruise, waiter suggested the Tilapia - I hated it! He brought me something else; no problem! They're also great about bringing "extras" like lobster tails if you have an affinity for them!

Whate we do is tell our waiter that we are not sure we would like a certain dish but would like to try it anyway. That way if we send it back we don't feel like we are insulting the chef's cooking. If we have a good waiter they sometime will bring us a smaller than normal size to try first.

As the previous posters have said.

Feel free to order everything on the menu for that night. They will be more than happy to bring you anything. If you order multiple entrees, you may ask the waiter to bring just the entree and leave the side dishes off the plate. I do this frequently. You will find the dining room staff will accomodate your every desire.

It is one of the true joys of cruising. Also, don't be afraid to ask for something special. With a day or two notice, I have had numerous special desserts prepared that I knew would not be on the menu. Hopefully, you will have some experienced cruisers at your table to help let you know what to expect in the nights to come.

Coordinate this through the head waiter.

Happy Cruising.

Dave

We've ordered multiples of things before...

Once, we wanted to try the pasta dish they were offering as an entree and the waiter brought us an appetizer size of the dish so we could try it...

Whenever DH has been torn between two entrees, they usually bring him both so he doesn't have to decide... he usually ends up eating all of it...

I'm usually too full from dinner to have dessert but I hate to miss out... The waiter will usually pack it up to go, complete with silverware and linen napkin...

They are quite accommodating and truly want you to enjoy your dining experience...

My sister and I have both 'disliked' fish since childhood (probably cause it was mostly 'mud' carp and catfish we caught in the creek behind the house). We would never order fish in a restaurant, but recognize that fish is better for you than always eating meat or chicken. We decided on our last cruise that we would each order what we wanted but also order the fish dish for the night and try it. To be honest during the whole 7 days there was only 1 night that I didn't prefer the fish entree to whatever I had ordered.

There's always something on the menu that we would like to try but don't want to order as our entree so several cruises ago we started to order what we call "the Bubba plate". We order an appetizer, soup, entree and dessert for "Bubba" and pass the plate around the table for all to take a taste. It's a great idea and gives us all an opportunity to try lots of different foods.

Sometimes we order more than one "Bubba plate" if there are a few things we want to try.

Archived