Bringing wine onboard

brownmonkey

Hello; I have seen other posts concerning the fact that X allows 2 bottles of wine per person to be brought onboard. I was looking at the booklet that comes with your documents it states there will be a $25 corkage fee added to your sea pass account for each bottle this only applies if you bring it to the dining room am I right or not. Thanks

They say, 2 per stateroom, but I have not seen any sort of enforcement of that--one could "check" some through to the stateroom and each half of a couple could carry 2 bottles on, without any apparent effort to determine how many bottles might be headed for a single stateroom.

K.

Could someone post the link to the policy that allows wine to be brought abroad?

Bob

Here you go:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000Gv4MVHW89xFbzmJ1J3Oojze:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=505&pagename=faq_answers

However, they are very lenient about alcohol being brought on DEPENDING on time of year and itinerary. In the daily newsletter you will see something like "Duty free alcohol will be taken and given to you at the end of your cruise". This is sort of a signal that if you want to go to a local grocery and get some wine/beer and bring it on no problem.

Again, it DEPENDS. During a spring break port call at St. Thomas or San Juan you probably should forget about that. On our December transatlantic I think everyone was picking up a bottle or two of cava (spanish champagne) in very Spainish port we hit. No problem. BTW, the cava was only 5 euros (about $7.50) and was wonderful.

Hello; I have seen other posts concerning the fact that X allows 2 bottles of wine per person to be brought onboard. I was looking at the booklet that comes with your documents it states there will be a $25 corkage fee added to your sea pass account for each bottle this only applies if you bring it to the dining room am I right or not. Thanks

Why not come on over to Holland America Line where one may board with as many bottles of wine as they wish AND the corkage fee is $15!!!

We just came off Summit and it was Spring Break (Easter week). In San Juan there is a duty free liquor store right in the terminal. We were told, and did, buy and bring on 2 bottles of wine (you can carry them right on in their bag) and a bottle of liquor. The liquor had to be placed in your carry on to the ship. They told us these instructions right in the store and security was right outside waiting for us to go through the screening. We breezed right through with the packages. BUT, you had to do this prior to boarding - if you got off the ship and re-boarded they could have taken it away until the end of the cruise. We didn't hear of that happening to anyone but can't guarantee it didn't.

You really have to check before you buy anything and make sure the rules are what you need at that particular time. If you pack it in your checked luggage, nine times out of ten you'll be fine. In fact, at that particular store, they now sell bags to seal the bottles so they won't leak in your luggage or on the plane. They were 3 for $10.

Again, before you buy and attempt to bring it on board, I'd ask at the store. Buying in the terminal probably made it easier since, as you came into the area, they were handing out special flyers.

Why not come on over to Holland America Line where one may board with as many bottles of wine as they wish AND the corkage fee is $15!!!

I tried that and won't be doing it again - IMO Celebrity is sooooo worth some sacrifices :D

Archived