if I wanted to cruise on a boat that was....

honeymooninginJune

a little nicer than Celebrity - what would you suggest? My husband and I honeymooned on the Millie and had a wonderful time but I think we might be looking to go a little more upscale for our next cruise.

Our biggest complaint was the food. The food at dinner was excellent - but the buffets were pretty bad. I found this to be particularly disappointing because I had cruised with Celebrity in years past and remembered the food being excellent all around.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

[color=black][font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]If you are willing to pay a little bit more, try any of the luxury cruiselines, Radisson, Crystal, Seasbourn and Silversea. You will not be disappointed.[/font][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]Cindy:D [/font][/font][/color]

[color=black][font='Times New Roman'][font=Arial]If you are willing to pay a little bit more, try any of the luxury cruiselines, Radisson, Crystal, Seasbourn and Silversea. You will not be disappointed.[/font][/font][/color]
[color=black][font='Times New Roman'][font=Arial]Cindy:D [/font][/font][/color]

If you don't mind a smaller but more luxurious ship I would highly reccommend Seabourn. It is all-suites and all inclusive including liquor. No tipping policy, and the food is incredible. Check out there website [url="www.seabourn.com"]seabourn.com[/url] and also check the Seabourn board on CC to see if it is to your liking.
mcboo :):):)

Buffets are notoriously sub-par, regardless of where you are.(Caesar's Palace is an exception). Just don't eat at the buffet!!! Personally, I am looking forward to fine dining every night! I can eat pizza, burgers, ice cream and buffets at home any ol' day. Fine dining will cost me a pretty penny!
BUT haven't sailed yet...will let you know how the Love Boat is--but I doubt I'll eat at the buffet!
Kristin

Hello, I've just gotten back from our 3rd cruise with Royal Caribbean. I've been to the Eastern Caribbean twice and once to the Western Caribbean. We love Royal Caribbean. The food is excellent, whether you are dining in the main dining room or eating at any of the buffets - you cannot top the food, it is excellent. Not to mention the "class" they offer every single person that steps on board their ship. We have never tired anyone else, nor will be, why bother, we've found the best. Their prices are within a persons reach while still being treated like a King/Queen. My sister-in-law had previously only been going on Carnival, however all it took was one cruise with Royal and she said I'm hooked on Royal Caribbean and will never take any other cruise line. This may have been her first with Royal, but definately not her last. Everything is above excellent, from the shows, the food on down to the cabin attendants - they are the best.

Hope this helps HoneymooninginJune

The original poster said they wanted to upgrade from Celebrity, which is widely known to be the best in terms of mass market lines. While RCCI might be a "nice" cruise line, it in no way can compare to Celebrity in terms of food and service. If you've only been on RCCI, or if you've only cruised on one line regardless of what that line is, you really cannot compare, or even understand, how great other cruise lines can be regarding every aspect of cruising. RCCI is really more of a mid-range cruise line and is in no way a step up from Celebrity---quite honestly it's actually a step down (and yes, I've cruised 6 times on RCCI ships as well as Carnival, NCL and all the others, so I do know what I'm talking about). RCCI does a nice job, but with their mega ships and thousands of passengers, they really are no more than just a mass market line. If you want a step up from Celebrity you have to go with a luxury line that has smaller ships and less passengers---a line that does not mass prepare their food, a line with exceptional personalized service, and a line that will do things like prepare special meals, or special shore excursions, with absolutely no problem. Lines that only have mega-ships cannot do those things because of the sheer number of passengers they deal with. With that said, Crystal, Seabourn, the Grill Class cabins on the QM2, RSSC and Silversea are all considered a step up from any of the mass market lines.

No matter how you dress them up, buffets and upscale dining just don't go together. In fact, they are polar opposites, even the best among them. Bellagio is my point of refernce for a high-end buffet, and even Main Street Station (highly rated, much less expensive Downtown LV hotel) eclipses most of the offerings I've seen on ships.

Archived