AKRR Seward to Anchorage reliability

Orsino

We have an 11:40PM flight out of Anchorage. We would like to take the Railroad from Seward to Anchorage, then a Taxi to the airport. The scheduled arrival time of the train is 10:15PM.

Is the railroad reasonably reliable? Do you think we would be able to make it to the airport in time for the 11:40PM flight?

I know that there are no guarantees, but I'm just wondering if the answer is a "no way" or a "that's a big risk to be taking" or a "you should be okay, but something unexpected could happen"

Thanks

The railroad is reliable. However, there are A LOT of flights leaving from ANC late at night. Security lines/check in can EASILY take a hour. You won't get to the airport much before 10:40PM if you take the train . That leaves you JUST an hour until your plane takes off. Cutting it pretty darn close. ONE little glitch and you will miss your plane.

I agree, you definately do NOT have enough time. To the above you also have to add time for luggage unloading, cab lines, 20 minute cab ride, plus the trains I have been on were never "on time", always late, some by a few minutes. But you don't even have that much time to deal with.

And most of the airlines now have a 30 to 40 minute rule that if your luggage isn't checked in, it's not on the plane and neither are you. There is no way in the summer you'd be able to do this.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived