What is going on in Miami 2-4-2009??

shebring02lx

try callling the hotels that you are interested in directly. i have found in the past that when I go to book a hotel too early out that the hotels have not determined their rates and so they will show up as "no rooms available" on travel websites or even their own website. when i call them directly they let me know when i can expect to be able to book (and sometimes i can directly with them only that early). i wouldn't be surprised if that is the case for you.

good luck:)

Surely this wouldn't effect the rates of hotels in Miami, would it? Im not a big football fan -- so forgive me!

The Super Bowl is being held in Tampa next year. So YES! Lots of hotels will be serving all the masses that come for more than the game. You are going to have some big rates that whole week. I'd get something cancelable booked now that you can live with. And then keep your eyes open over the next months.

Surely this wouldn't effect the rates of hotels in Miami, would it? Im not a big football fan -- so forgive me!

The Super Bowl is in Tampa on Feb 1, should not effect Miami at all. Miami to Tampa is probably a 4 to 5 hour drive. Pretty far to commute to a football game, in my mind.

February is just the normal high season all over Florida, you are just seeing peak winter rates.

That said, Florida tourism has suffered in the past 2 years, so I agree with the poster who recommended calling directly. If the hotel believes you are serious about booking 10 rooms, they will most likely work a deal for you.

Yes the rates will be high all peak season in Miami.

However I would include the Super Bowl as another reason. There will be thousands of press from all over the world covering the Super Bowl. Miami is a point of interest for anyone, especially from out of the country. I'm sure the hotels are blocking out tons of rooms for those people staying in Miami pre and post game. Sending busloads to Tampa on a 3 and a half hour trip is nothing. Ever try finding a room around the National title COLLEGE football game? Now make it 5 times as hard for Super Bowl.

If we were going to the S.Bowl we'd stay in Miami and make it a long 4 day weekend. Tampa Bay has nothing compared to what Miami can offer.

The Super Bowl is in Tampa on Feb 1, should not effect Miami at all. Miami to Tampa is probably a 4 to 5 hour drive. Pretty far to commute to a football game, in my mind.

Last year when the Super Bowl was held in Miami people had trouble finding rooms as far away as Orlando and Tampa so I don't doubt that the Super Bowl in Tampa could have an affect on South Florida hotel rooms.

I believe the Food Network will be in town after the boat show to do a few shows and there are alot of people associated with that production. I booked 8 rooms with no problem, I talked to the person in sales. Our cruise is Feb 21, 09. Even booked our airline flight already, flying from N. Va to Miami for 260.00 round trip (pp) is a good deal to me!

Archived