Does carnival rent masks/fins for use on shore?

waterguy2003_01

We will be doing our 'own thing' when ashore... does the ship rent snorkel gear for use on shore???

Yes, you can rent equipment aboard the ship, but I think it's intended for use in the water.:D

www.sportmart.com has sets for $29.00. It might be worth the investment, especially if you are thinking of paying $25 for the week. We got Body Glove sets at Sam's that were inexpensive and have lasted for years. I feel more comfortable biting into a snorkel that has not been used by others. Just a thought. Another good site is www.diversdirect.com.

Enjoy your snorkeling!:)

We brought our own snorkels and masks last cruise.....but between 4 pairs of water shoes and the masks/snorkels, it took up alot of room in our luggage. Next time, I think we'll just rent, on shore, as needed. If you're worried about germs, I know some people just buy a snorkle...they're inexpensive and easy to pack. Also, if you buy a mask before you leave, try it out (pool/bathtub?) to make sure it doesn't leak. Everyone's face is different. We had to buy 3 different brands for the 4 people in our family to get good fits. However, every time we have rented/borrowed on shore or excursions, the masks are much better even though they might not look it. The difference between recreational and professional equipment?

www.sportmart.com has sets for $29.00. It might be worth the investment, especially if you are thinking of paying $25 for the week. We got Body Glove sets at Sam's that were inexpensive and have lasted for years. I feel more comfortable biting into a snorkel that has not been used by others. Just a thought. Another good site is www.diversdirect.com.

Enjoy your snorkeling!:)

If my flight out was not at 07:00 tomorrow that might have been a good idea... but then, not having the additional hassle of dragging all that along is worth a few $ too!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived