Wine Question

skepticalw2kids

So here goes, I have seen reference to being able to bring on your own wine. My experience on other lines is you cannot bring wine onboard and the ones that do allow it charge you a corkage fee.

Am I to understand I can bring on my beloved chardonnay and carry it to dinner and they will serve it. Not only serve it but keep it and bring it to each restuarant I dine in each night? That seems amazing:eek: !!!

Can anyone advise on this. Thanks.

Going on my first Disney cruise in August and I can't stop thinking about it!!:)

You will be charged a corkage fee, I think it is about $15, No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong. Chardonnay is on the wine list, you might want to double check the cost, as it might work out cheaper to buy it on board. Have a great time. Debz

The corkage fee is $15 as I verified while on the cruise... As the above poster stated it might be less hazzle and money to just buy the bottle the from Disney....

However, I brought mudslide mix, rum, and wine with me on the cruise. We made our drinks in our room and then carried them in Disney glasses throughout the ship.

They will not stop you bringing the alcohol.

I read this same bit of news on this board earlier this year. When I called Disney the explanation I received is that you can bring your own wine on board and enjoy in your stateroom. However, if you want it served while dining there will be a corkage fee. So, if you want to enjoy wine with dinner you will pay but if you're hanging out on your balcony no big deal. We can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...

If you are particularly fond of a specific vintage, appellation, or winery then by all means bring your own. The last time we sailed DCL we found the wine list to be somewhat limited and not particularly inspired, although we can certainly understand why they dont stock a huge variety and have a lot of "household names" on their list. Even after paying a corkage fee you'll be better off bringing your own preferred wine in most--but not all--cases. I will say that DCL is pretty reasonable about their mark-ups, the last time I looked they were only in the 50-100% range--some cruises start at about 200% and go up from there.

If you look around the Internet you can find a current list to give you an idea of whether you'll find something to your liking or should BYOB. Have a great crusie!

As frugal as I am, I don't think I could walk into the dining room with a glass of wine!

I have also heard that many times they don't charge the corkage fee. But I would not be disappointed if they did.

As earlier poster said, if your cabin steward brings you wine glasses (he/she glady will upon request) there is no way that anyone would know where you got that glass of wine before entering the dining room. MANY folks stop at a lounge before dinner to have a cocktail then take the rest into dinner once the doors open.

Enjoy your Cruise! You are going to have a great time!

As frugal as I am, I don't think I could walk into the dining room with a glass of wine!

I have also heard that many times they don't charge the corkage fee. But I would not be disappointed if they did.

Muushka,

I could see doing it if you had stopped at a lounge on the way and hadn't quite finished the glass you had purchased. I see that as being the same as going to a restaurant and sitting at the bar to have a drink while waiting for your table. When they call you, you take your glass from the bar to your table if you aren't done yet--something I imagine most of us do.

I do agree that I'd have a hard time justifying the notion of pouring a full glass in my cabin and bringing that to dinner. That just doesn't quite seem right with me either.

BTW--How have you been? :)

Hi Ducklite. I am good, thanks :). I Hope you are also. I was just noticing the other day that I have not seen you on the other boards. I miss your posts!:(

I could easily walk into the dining room with a glass of wine, but its the walking from my cabin, down the hall, in the elevator that I couldn't do!;)

Hi Ducklite. I am good, thanks :). I Hope you are also. I was just noticing the other day that I have not seen you on the other boards. I miss your posts!:(

I could easily walk into the dining room with a glass of wine, but its the walking from my cabin, down the hall, in the elevator that I couldn't do!;)

If you're anything like me, it would be pointless because it would be an empty glass by the time I got to the dining room, LOL!

I'm not posting "over there" anymore. I still have a couple of active accounts, but just can't be bothered with all the nonsense. I've been far too busy with two jobs and a charity benefit I'm co-chairing. ::::Eek!::::

Archived