Anyone in Canada Need some new Cruise Clothes?

sail7seas

:) I just received an e-mail from Neiman Marcus saying they 'have arrived' and are now shipping purchases to Canada. Didn't know they weren't in the past. :confused: In any case, introductory "free shipping" so if you want some fancy pants new cruise clothes.......... With the low value of the U.S. $$, you might actually find a Neiman's bargain.

Thanks Sail ! I've often looked at the NM site wishing we could get some of their things up here. What I have done is had them ship to my friend "down south" and then have her redirect it to me. You do what you have to. It's nice not having to wait the extra time with shipping direct. I'm off to shop!!!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Great. I'm so happy I posted it. That was my point that if someone had been hoping to be able to shop direct, they now can. I was shocked they hadn't been shipping worldwide in the past. I just 'assumed' they sent to anywhere.

HI, Sail...even with "free" shipping, I believe they nail you on a "brokerage and duty" charge. I've heard of $90 B&D on $100 of jewellery ($50 brokerage, $40 duty) :eek:

Whoa......that's awful! I guess they really don't want goods imported that way. Perhaps that is the reason a store like Neiman's has not been shipping to Canada all along. Won't be much market, I wouldn't think. Who wants to pay fees such as that!??

HI, Sail...even with "free" shipping, I believe they nail you on a "brokerage and duty" charge. I've heard of $90 B&D on $100 of jewellery ($50 brokerage, $40 duty) :eek:

Can you self-clear your goods, or must you use a Customs broker?

Wow NM is catching up with trends!:rolleyes: Do they actually accept a credit card other than their own now?

We order stuff from the US and generally haven't run into the need for a broker for low cost items -- perhaps it was the fact it was jewellry? We did need to use a broker when we had a dining room set shipped into Canada. It is also important to declare any item you are shipping into the country from aboard even if it is not travelling with you; we purchased art out of country and it was being shipped later; we declare the purchase at the border and used our exemption allowance to cover it thus paid no duty when it arrived. Kathy:)

Archived