When should we start our Seasick remedies

Hi,

We leave for the FOS this weekend :)

Can someone tell me when we should start taking our ginger tablets and Sealegs? and should we keep taking them for a few days after we get back on land?

I would start taking them the night before boarding and the morning of boarding of course if you anticpate seasickness. for example, meclizine can be take every 12 hours, so i take one the night before and the morning of. that should be plenty of time. if you find that you are still feeling like you're still rocking after you get off the boat, you may still want to keep taking the meclinzine a few days after the cruise, but i don't honestly know if any of the other remedies will help or not. this is because meclizine is an approved treatment for vertigo and a lot of the other seasickness remedies are not, the rocking you feel when you get off the boat is vertigo, not seasickness.

Hi,

Can someone tell me when we should start taking our ginger tablets and Sealegs? and should we keep taking them for a few days after we get back on land?

On a ship the size of the Freedom, I really don't think you'll be needing meds unless the ship loses its stabilizers. Honestly, I can stand on a pier and look out at the water and get seasick but for a whole week on the Mariner I never felt any motion at all.

I wanted to see if I'd be OK on the Explorer, and within hours of sailing, was turning green. I applied the patch but it took several hours for the meds to kick in. I had no additional problems after that, but those first 6 hours or so were not so good!

Hi,

I began taking my meds at 7am on the airplane going to Miami for a 6:00pm sail to Western Caribbean that same day. I was fine.

Archived