eating out near vancouver marriot pinnacle

dustyroad

we will be getting to the hotel around 6pm after a long drive. by the time we get settled in at the hotel we will be ready to grab something to eat and take a nice walk along the waterfront. can someone suggest any good spots to eat close to the hotel and see the action on the water or near the park. i have heard that the pinnacle resturant is very expensive, so we would like some ideas for alternative eating. we do not anything fancy, just good food since im sure we will be very hungry. i cant wait to get back to vancouver. a great city. thanks alot.

There are lots of great restaurants close to that hotel.

Just a block down on the same side of the street is an english style pub/restaurant called "1066" prices will be medium - if you want a family type of restaurant there is a "White Spot" fairly close (if you have a car about a 2 min drive & they have ample free parking) on Georgia Street - about 10 blocks away.

If you want a little classier restaurant (more $$ too) you can drive to Stanley Park an enjoy the English Bay Teahouse restaurant (don't go to the Prospect Point Restaurant as that is now basically just an over priced fast food joint unfortunately) Closer to your hotel we have the Five Sails restaurant at Canada Place (cruise ship dock) but that is very $$$. In the Marine building on the corner of Hastings & Burrard there is a Chinese restaurant called the Imperial.

There are lots of other restaurants all within walking distance of your hotel.

the above are just a few that I personally have tried.

Enjoy

If you need more questions answered just ask.

A new restaurant has opened called the "Stone Grill" and although expensive is excellent - you actually cook your meal on a hot rock that is brought to your table so every single bite is piping hot! It is on the shore of False Creek and offers ample free parking. To drive to this restaurant from your hotel would take about 7 mins and be very easy as it is located on Granville street right under the Granville Street Bridge on the shore of False Creek. From your hotel drive back along Hastings Street to Howe Street - turn right onto Howe (which is a one way street) drive to the end of Howe Street (do not go onto the Granville Street bridge rather stay in the right lane and continue on Howe Street (past the on ramp to the bridge) to Barclay Street where you will turn left and go 1 block to Granville Street (right under the bridge) and turn right and drive into the restaurant parking lot atthe end of the cul-de-sac.

a hang out for some gangs and not a Pub- more of a lounge eatery and it is now called Aqua.There have been many problems there and a shooting in the last few months. Please be careful what type of info you give our tourists BCGAL-we don't want them mad at us! LOL

grouchy and bcgal

thank you both for the information. it sounds like we will be able to get something close to the hotel with no problem. we will be on foot so we cant venture out too far.

i appriciate your concern grouchy and the heads-up on the pub. and im sure bcgal will understand if we do not take an interest in going there. the same things happen here in my area. there is no getting away from it.

i cant wait to see vancouver again.

grouchy

you dont know how much you helped me with questions about vancouver on my last cruise in sept last year. i had a wonderful time and wished i could have spent more time there. i will not be able to spend more than one day there again this time unfortunately. i am going to take the pre-cruise tour again with the land/sea tour group. they are a great tour group and i had a great time with them. i highly recommend them to anyone who wants to know about tours for vancouver. you live in a fantastic city.

grouchy

can you tell me if the sky train runs all night or do they shut down at a certain time. i went to their site and could not find any info on the hours it ran. im sure we will have time to take a round trip if they are running after 7pm. thanks and i hope im not asking too many questions.

grouchy

what a thoughtful and wonderful gesture, but we will not be out that late. we might just want to take a ride on the skytrain to get a quick look at vancouver before we sail out the next day. or, we might be so tired all we will want to do is grab something to eat and go to bed once we get to the marriot. thanks for the offer though and for letting me know how late it runs.

Archived