Just a few questions

I'm cruising on the Majesty and would like to know which seating for dinner is best if you want to see the shows onboard. Also, if I have flights that leave out of Miami almost every hour, which time would be best to fly out? I hear of people that get to the airport really early, etc. Any help is appreciated.

It doesn't matter which seating you have. If you are early seating, then you will attend the later show. Late seating attends earlier shows. They make sure you don't miss anything!! I just love the Majesty! We booked our air for later and got to the airport by 10 or so. I just moved our flight to an 11:00 flight.

Any seating will be fine for dinner. They usually have the shows 2 times a night, once for each seating, so just book whatever seating you would like better and you'll have no problems seeing the shows.

If they have just one show a night then it's usually a time that will be good for both seatings.

Have fun.

Maybe you'd better be careful about planning an eleven o'clock flight to leave Miami after the cruise...if that is what you are talking about. Our last cruise on Majesty (Feb 22, 2008), we never got off the ship until past eleven. There were still lots of people behind us waiting to leave.

You cannot really be assured that you can get to the airport in time for an eleven o'clock flight. You might get lucky and get there much earlier, but you cannot depend 100%.

I am if we go to a show too late. So, we do early (main) seating for dinner and then catch the show while our food digests. I'd fall asleep in the show if I went late.

Another consideration for which dinner time is if you have kids with you. Most people pick early dinner with kids. We pick late dinner but feed our grandson and take him to the kids program from 7 - 10, that way he's happy playing with his new friends and we can enjoy dinner without keeping him occupied, we've done this since his first cruise when he was 3 and it's worked perfectly for us, he's now 10 so if he wants to see the show and/or eat in the dining room he does, we always check the menu for the night and what the show is and let him decide, he usually is too busy with his new friends to want to spend the time with us.

Just for the record, we are a family that always eats dinner together when we're not on vacation so he sees breaking from the routine as something special.

Archived