Constellation Update

StephenH

Greetings,

I am sailing this Friday (April 11) on the eastbound transatlantic cruise. I have a few questions for those who have recently been on board. I've skimmed through prior posts but still have some unanswered questions.

Who is the CD at the moment? From prior posts it has been John Howell, Jeff?, and Nick Wier. Does anyone know who is doing the transatlantic run?

Are the new Elizabeth menus in place on the Conny?

Is Perry Grant on / off the ship at the moment?

Anyone know what time the Aqua Spa pool is closing these days? Sometimes it's 8:00pm then moved to 10:00 then 11:00pm. I love going up there after the evening show when it's quiet.

Thanks for your help!

I was on the Constellation on her western Caribbean run on March 10. The trip was perfect! Food, entertainment, schedule. No rain. No bad seas.

Nick Weir was just leaving. A new man named John, I didn't catch the last name, was taking over. He seemed very nice.

I believe that a new entertainment staff is coming on Board, too.

I don't know what menus it has, seemed similar to last sailing, but the Chef named Oswald, I believe, was very good.

On March 10, Perry Grant was on the ship. There was a good string quartet in the Cova Café and a male quartet was very entertaining.

Bon voyage. I'm looking forward to rejoining the Constellation in May for her Baltic cruise. -- Pat

I will be on the Constellation in June and this will be my first cruise in over 10 years. I am trying to minimize what I carry in my bag and wondered if they have a clothes steamer or iron and ironing board in the room. Or must I depend on laundry service.

StephenH...we too are on the 4/11 TA...come join us on the rollcall thread.

The one question that I can help you with is Perry Grant is supposed to be on our sailing.

I will be on the Constellation in June and this will be my first cruise in over 10 years. I am trying to minimize what I carry in my bag and wondered if they have a clothes steamer or iron and ironing board in the room. Or must I depend on laundry service.

No steamer or iron in any cabin. You must send your clothes out to be pressed.

Hey, my friend!

I haven't been on the Constellation before, but I've been on several cruise lines and never have seen a steamer or an iron (fire hazard, they're not allowed) in the cabin.

Get a travel size bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser, pack clothes between those dry cleaner bags and use lossa black bottoms with various tops. You can always take some washable tops and wash in the cabin and hang to dry in the shower if need be. Hope this helps :)

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

I just got off of the Constellation on March 31. New cruise director John was on his first voyage with us. Seemed very nice. Perry Grant told me directly that he is contracted to stay on the ship until late June, although some other posts dispute that. I believe new Elizabeth menus were in place...at least that's what our waiter told us...something about every item had to have five items changed to be free of infringing on rights of previous Michel Roux regime. T pool stayed open until 11 on port days, but I believe it closed earlier on sea days...obviously not good news if you like late visits to the pool on Transatlantic.

Thanks everyone for your updates! Only one more sleep till we board the ship! I've always wanted to do a transatlantic cruise so I'm really excited! Is the new CD John Howell or a new John?

Hi Stephen !

Unfortunately, it is not John Howell. This new person (John) was a huge disappointment. He has no previous experience, so hopefully he will get better over time. We can hope !

My DW and I just returned from the Constellation on Friday. The new cruise director's name is John Grantham. He is a former Hollywood stunt man in addition to other Hollywood and Las Vegas gigs. We spoke with him on several occasions and he told us he has no cruise director experience. He told us he was continuing on as cruise director on the TA to Europe.

I also asked about the new menu's and according to John they are targeted to be introduced to the Constellation in late April. He gave no specific date.

Also, there will be a new entertainment group on board beginning with the TA.

Hope this helps,

Kerry:)

Archived