Scooter Rental from Randle Medical Supply

We will be on the Carnival Liberty in July. My mother has decided to join us. She has bad knees; thus, I booked a handicap cabin for her. I have rented a scooter from Randle Medical Supply. They said they will have the scooter waiting in her cabin upon arrival and will pick it up following the cruise. Has anyone ever had experience with them?

Here's a thread that they rented a scooter from Randle Medical. They said hassle free, except delivered to their old cabin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=750927

Here's the post itself.

We just did this on the Liberty in March with my grandmother. She requires the use of a scooter to get around long distances. I e-mailed Carnival's Special Needs desk (I forget the address, but it is on Carnival's website), and they replied back with a form for us to fill out that lets Carnival know what my grandmother's needs were, and they also sent us a list of approved medical supply companies that deliver to the ship. We went with Randle Medical, but we sailed from Fort Lauderdale, so there is probably a different list for Tampa. It was absolutely hassle-free. The scooter was already there when we boarded, and we just had to leave it in the cabin when we disembarked. They handled everything.

(The only minor "hassle" was that the scooter was actually delivered to our "old" cabin number...we upgraded a few weeks before the cruise. I called the medical supply company to let them know we changed rooms, but apparently they didn't keep very good notes. Fortunately, I remembered our old cabin number, and sure enough, there it was. No problems, just one little misstep.)

Yes, it was $245 for an 8-night cruise. (It is a per-night cost, and I forget exactly what it was...i suppose you could divide $245 by 8!)

That charge included pickup, delivery, and the "service fee". I will also add that we did *not* require the use of a handicapped cabin, and we had just a normal balcony cabin. There were 3 of us ladies in there, plus the scooter, and it wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would have been.

Archived