Planning a Pacific North West Cruise. Questions...

intotheoh

Hoping you can help out. We're looking at a quick September 3night to Victoria from SEA...

1.) My wife is prenant and would really like a break come September. The baby is due mid December. Is there a guideline of when you might not want to risk going on a cruise?

2.) Anyone been on this cruise before? Seems like it happens annually. Can you tell me about your experience. We're in our late 20's. Is it predominately an older crowd?

3.) Any other West Coast Weekend Cruise-aways you can think of? Tell me about it!

4.) General condition of the Mercury?

As far as I know most cruiselines do have a cut off date as to when pregnant women can travel. Check with them. Also, she is very limited as to sea sickness medicine, the wirst thing or ginger pills work for some people but not all. I would hate my last holiday to be sick. Good luck on the get a way and your new family.

Here is Celebrity's policy on pregnancy:

Pregnancy

Celebrity Cruises cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the end of the cruise or cruisetour. Please contact us if you have already booked your cruise and do not meet this requirement.

Love west coast cruises as we live by San Francisco. We are on the Mercury this Saturday, round trip S.F./Vancouver.

I am taking my daughter on a weekend cruise(2 nights)May 10th.

This will be on Princess, S.F. ending in Vancouver.

Go to any cruise booking site and query repositioning or 2/3 night cruises.

Good Luck!

Depending on what the doctor says, these short weekend cruises are a great break. We have done them a few times (live in West Seattle). We did the Mercury last September which left from Seattle and came back to Seattle - perfect. We had a great time on the Mercury. We are in our mid-40's (yeah, it seems old!), it seems like it was a pretty diverse age group. We really loved the ship.

The one nighters are stressful - taking the train or bus to Vancouver and then cruising home (or vice versa).

If the doctor says no, a nice getaway is pretending your a tourist and stay a couple nights in a nice hotel downtown. Go to the market, shopping, dinners, everything you would do if you were out of town... bring your camera to document your fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I would say that many of the passengers on our recent PNW cruise would have been considered to be older. We are in our mid-40's and felt that we were on the younger side of the passengers sailing. It doesn't mean that there aren't lots of fun things to do still. There were still pretty decent groups (crowded) in the clubs at night. The activities on board were all about the same as we have seen on many of our other cruises. Most of the cruise staff is in their twenties and they love to have a good time too- many of the dancers and entertainment staff participated in the club dancing etc.

Just came off Mercury Sunday. General condition of ship? My opinion, just fine. Some of the public area furniture (some) is showing it's age but nothing major. The most important furniture (at least for us) the bedding and linens, very, very comfortable.

I also just came off Mercury. The general condition of the ship seemed fine to me also. That being said, there were some problems. The toilets stopped working in our stateroom (and along that section of the ship) twice. Also, I never could get the bathtub to fill. Well, I quit after running water for 15 minutes and only having two inches in the bottom of the tub. I still enjoyed the cruise.

Archived