Up Grade Fairy Struck Today

dutchess43

I am so excited I got an email from X today telling me that we got upgraded to a SS on the mercury. This will be our first SS I am looking for any information on Cabin # SS1226 also pics if anyone has any to share. Thanks

We were just in this cabin 3 weeks ago, for a total of 29 days! Great cabin, and you'll love the balcony!!

Karyn

I want to thank you all for the congrats.

Karyn do you have any pics? Anything I should know about the butler?

Thanks

I don't have any pictures, and whomever you have as your Butler on Mercury, I'm sure will be a wonderful experience. They are there to pamper you...and do so happily.

Lady G yes I had an assigned cabin it was an SV. I love the aft cabins but was concerned because the bed is encased by 3 walls which makes it difficult if someone has to get up at night. Yes I had all of my documents printed out & redid my Xpress pass & my documents today. I assume that I will have to get new luggage tags at the dock before we board.

Karyn thanks for the response. I am so looking forward to this cabin. One quick question did you have a lounge chair on the balcony?

Lady G yes I had an assigned cabin it was an SV. I love the aft cabins but was concerned because the bed is encased by 3 walls which makes it difficult if someone has to get up at night. Yes I had all of my documents printed out & redid my Xpress pass & my documents today. I assume that I will have to get new luggage tags at the dock before we board.

Karyn thanks for the response. I am so looking forward to this cabin. One quick question did you have a lounge chair on the balcony?

We had 2 loungers, a round table, and 2 chairs. If we had needed additional chairs, I'm sure we could have had them delivered.

We've also had the SV on Mercury, and even though there is additional closet space, I do like the SS a bit better. Enjoy your cruise!

Karyn

I am so excited I got an email from X today telling me that we got upgraded to a SS on the mercury. This will be our first SS I am looking for any information on Cabin # SS1226 also pics if anyone has any to share. Thanks

Although your cabin isn't listed, here's Mahdnc's great site to see cabin pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Congratulations on the upgrade and have a great cruise.

Bonnie

Do you have a better chance of a visit from the lovely fairy if you book direct with Celebrity than if you book through a TA, or is there no difference??

I have no idea Betty as this is the first time we ever got an upgrade. I have no idea how this works. I know someone else that got the same upgrade & she booked directly through X like I did & then switched over to a TA. I guess it's pot luck it may have something to do with what cabin you booked. I know that the SV that both of us booked sleeps 5 & we are only 2 guests. I know that my cruise is sold out & perhaps they needed those rooms to place families in them. Whatever even though I do not have my aft balcony I am sure that I will enjoy the suite & the goodies that come along with it.

Hello Dutchess,

We have a corner aft for the 2 of us and are concerned we will have to give it up. I was thrilled to get it as I get up a lot in the middle of the night to read or something and didn't want to disturb my DH.

Do you have to take the reassignment/upgrade?

I have seen postings about this before. Some people have said that you need to have your reservation marked as no upgrades. Personally, I was not asked about the upgrade, it just happened. In fact, if I hadn't gone into the Celebrity site because I was bored (I had already printed my boarding passes), I wouldn't have known about the change. Don't know what happens if they make the change and have already given your cabin away.

Archived