Anyone Seen An Inflatable Cruise Ship?

karenh1127

Has anyone seen an inflatable cruise ship that is a pool toy in any of the gift shops onboard? My ds is wanting one really bad after he saw our neighbors with one in there pool. We dont know them and all they would tell my son was they got it on a cruise. Any thing like this onboard?:confused:

Not only have I seen one, we have one. :D It's one of our children's favorite bath toys. I don't know how big the one in your neighbor's pool was, but ours was about a foot long and was an exact replica of the ship we were on. I've seen it available in the gift shops on almost all of our cruises. It wasn't expensive at all either. I would check out the gift shop when you go on your cruise, I imagine you'll find one there.

We bought it in the gift shop on board. He walked around and had a lot of the crew members sign it (with the carnival pen he bought lol). He even took it to the pursers desk and they kept it for a few hours to get the captain to sign it. That was a HUGE thrill for him.

Cheryl

Has anyone seen an inflatable cruise ship that is a pool toy in any of the gift shops onboard? My ds is wanting one really bad after he saw our neighbors with one in there pool. We dont know them and all they would tell my son was they got it on a cruise. Any thing like this onboard?:confused:

Ebay.

STeve

For anyone that has looked on the link that Derf has posted and has sailed recently on Carnival ships - do you know if they sell any of these toys in the gift shops? I am sailing on the Legend and 3 weeks - should I buy now or wait?? Thanks!

Thanks for all the info! I went to the website and ordered 2 diecast sets. Shipping was high but I guess we will pay anything to please the kids! I told my son he could wait and get the inflatable while on the ship.

Dolfinmusic.....I saw on a thread somewhere that their DD got the carnival barbie in the gift shop onboard so I imagine all the items are available there. I would just wait because you never know how long shipping will take.

Thanks for all the info! I went to the website and ordered 2 diecast sets. Shipping was high but I guess we will pay anything to please the kids! I told my son he could wait and get the inflatable while on the ship.

Dolfinmusic.....I saw on a thread somewhere that their DD got the carnival barbie in the gift shop onboard so I imagine all the items are available there. I would just wait because you never know how long shipping will take.

Thanks for the info (but I don't know if I can wait that long!!)!!! I will wait - I really like the diecast set - for myself - don't tell!!! LOL!

I bought one of the inflatable Carnival cruise ships in the gift shop when we cruised on the Carnival Spirit in March 2004. It was in the area of the gift shop with the children's toys and was $4.00. I have mine on display in my family room - a great reminder of my vacation! They can be found on ebay as well, but wouldn't you rather take the cruise and only pay the $4.00, instead of paying shipping and handling??? What a tremendous savings!

That's exactly what I was thinking cruiselover! :) Ours cost about $4 also. But ours isn't on display, it's a bathtoy for our kids. They love it and it's easily replaced because we cruise about twice a year and always pick up a couple as soon as we get on board. The kids even take it to the pool on the cruise and play with it there too.

Thanks for the link! During the Titanic rage in '97 I bought a powered, inflatable Titanic (with blow up iceburg). Tacky!

33' Titanic Adventure Slide (Only) - 51'x21'x33' = $15,500 List

from

http://www.partyexpress.safeorders.net/Titanic%20Slide%20with%20Iceburg%20Adventure%20Inflatables.htm

SportsStuff XPS Titanic Towable Inflatable Ski Tube 80"

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71169&item=7104176883&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Karen,

You can log onto www.carnivalcruisetoys.com and order the inflatable, Carnival Play set, pullback ship or 2 different Carnival licensed dolls.

Gene

Archived