The Queens on National Geographic Channel

Liv4cruzin

I wanted to share with you info on two shows I saw on N.G.

Channel this past week. They are being replayed again in the next few days.

On an episode of "Man Made", they devoted the hour to the making of Queen Mary 2. Although similar, it is a different show than one I've seen on QM2 on the Travel Channel. Carnival Corp.'s Mickey Arison is interviewed. I'm pretty sure it's not brand new; but was new to me at least. You might find it worth a "look-see". It will be aired again at 6 pm (EDT) on Thurs., 6/10.

There is also a new series on N.G. titled "America's Port". The first episode focused on the operations at LA/San Pedro. It covers everything from divers searching for bodies in the port area, security precautions, moving massive amounts of shipping containers & harbor pilots bringing in passenger & cargo vessels. I felt it was quite interesting learning what goes on behind the scenes of a major port. The 2nd episode had a segment on the security precautions taken in preparation for Queen Victoria's maiden call to LA. The show's regular time slot is Mondays at 10 pm (EDT) & rerun again at 1 am (EDT)

The first two epsiodes of this series will be rerun throughout this week at the following times (all EDT):

Epi #1: 10 pm (4/12); 1 am & 3 pm (4/13); 12 pm & 6 pm (4/14)

Epi #2 (Q.V.): 11 pm (4/12); 2 am & 6 pm (4/13); 1 pm (4/14)

Thanks for the heads-up. I just set my recorder to copy the QM2 episode (and its in HD). It is definitely a different episode than the Travel Channel one since it dates from 2007. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Archived