Laundry on the Quest

wegocruise

To anyone who has sailed on the Quest: is there a do-your-own-laundry on board, or do you have to send it with your stateroom attendant to the ship laundry. I'm trying to decide how much clothing to bring on a 14 night - I'd rather bring less, and wash once. Thanks.

wegocruise -

There was a post in November stating that the laundry room was open. We are leaving on Friday and have packed accordingly. I understand that the launderette is on Deck 7, port-side, just as on Oceania's Regatta. I am sure others will have more definite info.

According to the FAQ section of the Azmara website there is one passenger laundry on Deck 7. There is a charge of $2.00 per load for both the washer and dryer, but one poster on this site said you didn't have to pay for the dryer when he was aboard.:)

We were on the Feb. 16th Quest sailing. The laundry is on Deck 7. The washers cost $2 in quarters. The dryers have coin slots and work with quarters or without quarters. When we were on board, if you just pushed the start button on the dryer, the dryer worked. Thanks to these boards we knew that we did not need to pay for the dryers.

The washers did seem to break down. For most of our cruise one washer was inoperable and another was down for about 1/2 of the cruise.

If you are captains club members you will receive a coupon for laundry to be sent out. We are elite members and our coupon was $10 or $15 for a bag of laundry (can't remember which amount the coupon was for - guess that I need take another cruise to find out!). My parents are classic members and their coupon was for a larger amount than ours.

Have a great cruise.

Hi wegocruise,

I was on the March 1 Panama Canal Quest cruise, and I was VERY happy with the washers and dryers on Deck 7 portside. They seemed to do a very good job, and had several settings.

Put all 8 quarters in at once into the washer slots. Select your setting - the hot water is VERY hot - then push the button on the wall-mounted soap dispenser for soap. I didn't recognize the brand. There wasn't any fabric softener available, so if it's important, bring your own. The previous posters are correct - the dryers work with or without quarters.

Be prepared to wait in line for these on sea days. There are, I believe, 3 washers and 3 dryers. Since the dryers take longer than the washers, just like at home, there's a wait. The washers take about 25-30 minutes, just like at home. The dryers are front-loading, and time depends on your setting.

We found that by going at lunch-time or just after was the best time to find a washer available. If someone's wash is done and just sitting in the washer, simply remove it and put it on top. I saw wet wash sit there for over an hour before someone came to put it into a dryer.

There are also 2 irons and ironing boards in this small room, so it can get a little cramped and hot.

Have fun!

Brenda

• 5 weeks later...

We are back from the Quest Miami-Rome last month. Used the laundry room twice, since we also spent 10 days in Europe after the cruise. There are four washer and 4 dryers, two ironing boards, three chairs and a TV. Since the W/Ds are not stacked as on Oceania, but are side by side, the room can indeed get rather crowded.

1852531052_QuestLaundry-s.jpg.fb188a2555127f462edb15a356b2d8d1.jpg

wegocruise -

There was a post in November stating that the laundry room was open. We are leaving on Friday and have packed accordingly. I understand that the launderette is on Deck 7, port-side, just as on Oceania's Regatta. I am sure others will have more definite info.

Same room as it was on Oceania, inside portside room near rear elevators on 7, didn't pay for dryers....JUST BE THANKFUL THEY"RE THERE! I'm on Millennium next Jan and was horrified to learn we'd need to use the ships laundrey service, as Celeb is just TOO UPSCALE to HAVE self service laudry (ever read those prices 1.50$ for pair of socks???):eek:

There is laundry on the 7th floor. It even provides soap although I brought my own. There is also laundry service which can be sent out in their large drawstring bag at a reasonable price. I packed everything on carry on which was good cause the airlines lost my suitcase which had all the extras that I could have lived without had it not shown up after 5 days. We loved the Quest.

There is laundry on the 7th floor. It even provides soap although I brought my own. There is also laundry service which can be sent out in their large drawstring bag at a reasonable price. I packed everything on carry on which was good cause the airlines lost my suitcase which had all the extras that I could have lived without had it not shown up after 5 days. We loved the Quest.

Just a note about the soap...they ask you PLEASE not to add any soap from home as it's not acceptable to the non-polluting policy of the ship...plus it adds their soap automatically!!! :eek:

Good to know that it is there and I might use it for socks and underwear on our 18 night SE Asia cruise. Our cabin is port side on 7 so it will be convenient too. I have a hard time making myself do laundry at home though so while on vacation I tend to forget about the cost and let them do it. It does seem a tad extravagant for socks and such though.

Andy

Archived