Norwegian Star thru the Panama Canal

mbisson

I've been watching for the Canal itineraries to be posted for '09 and see some listed today.

I note that they've got the Star going LA to Miami Nov 14, '09 (14 days). Then it returns back to LA on the 28th. (again in January 2010-semi regular service thru the canal???)

I've never seen scheduling like this for the Star. My guess is that either something is up (or it's all a mistake-in which case we'll probably see changes in a few days on their website).

Hummmm-Makes me wonder further just what kind of itineraries are planned for the F3s (isn't the first one in Mar 2010?)

That does have me curious. Dave said if that means a F3 will be on the West Coast, he wants to cruise the F3 around the horn! :) :eek: I don't think the Canal will finish the enlarging project until 2012.

You're thinking what I hope! IF (and yes, that's a big IF) an F3 comes to LA, I wonder where the Star goes?

so I am told when I asked CAS or Latitudes. F3 will not fit thru PC, as we are curious if maybe S Pacific will be an idea. We do need new itineraries.

Airfare is another problem with a cruise, that seems to be a deal, to pay twice that in air. And to do a B2B is a repeat of the same cruise, not going somewhere else, so why do a boring 2nd cruise. So far back & forth cruising seems to be what NCL is going and and should change, Europe is huge & a ship can do a double sailing to different ports, then go back the other way, but at least with high air folks get a bargain with a B2B to 2 different sailings on the same ship in the same stateroom, etc.

I've been watching for the Canal itineraries to be posted for '09 and see some listed today.

I note that they've got the Star going LA to Miami Nov 14, '09 (14 days). Then it returns back to LA on the 28th. (again in January 2010-semi regular service thru the canal???)

I've never seen scheduling like this for the Star. My guess is that either something is up (or it's all a mistake-in which case we'll probably see changes in a few days on their website).

Hummmm-Makes me wonder further just what kind of itineraries are planned for the F3s (isn't the first one in Mar 2010?)

With airfare to Hawaii just ridiculous, RT cruise with RT air from LA would be so great. Hopefully Fanning Island over Mexico. Even saw RCCL with bus ride from Ensenada to LA. Forget that!

Maybe doing round trips to Hawaii from LA??? :eek: ;)

With airfare to Hawaii just ridiculous, RT cruise with RT air from LA would be so great. Hopefully Fanning Island over Mexico.

The air to Hawaii isn't that bad, it's that air to Europe that's a stopper to me. I guess it's all perspective & where you live ;). I agree with thought about Fanning!

But still this is all hopes & guesses ( I just want to throw that in before someone comes in, see this and starts saying "I saw on CC that the F3's are gonna cruise from LA to Hawaii") LOL

The air to Hawaii isn't that bad, it's that air to Europe that's a stopper to me. I guess it's all perspective & where you live ;). I agree with thought about Fanning!

But still this is all hopes & guesses ( I just want to throw that in before someone comes in, see this and starts saying "I saw on CC that the F3's are gonna cruise from LA to Hawaii") LOL

Monte, when we did the TA on the Gem, we fly from here to Boston for less than $300 then added on an one way from Boston to Barcelona for another $500 for both. Very good price and then with the price for the cruise, we did the TA for under $2000 with an AD cabin on a new ship. I book multi cities. Try it sometime, it makes it cheaper for us. :)

Monte, when we did the TA on the Gem, we fly from here to Boston for less than $300 then added on an one way from Boston to Barcelona for another $500 for both. Very good price and then with the price for the cruise, we did the TA for under $2000 with an AD cabin on a new ship. I book multi cities. Try it sometime, it makes it cheaper for us. :)

Thanks-after a canal cruise, Europe will probably be number one on Barbs hit parade! I'm happy just to go along with whatever keeps her happy. I've been married long enough to realize that's the best way to keep the peace ;) and to me, any cruise is a good cruise.

BTW-"hi" again ;)

-Monte

Since the first F3 enters service in March 2010, expect a full summer schedule in European seas. I expect it'll take over the very popular Western Med itineraries. Followed by a winter of Caribbean sailings from Miami.

WOW ... Star going thru PCanal, eh? Hmmmmm ..... a 28-day B2B would be super-kewl.

I'd LOVE an F3 out here on the left coast. Then, NCL could go back to the 8-day MexRiv itinerary with that bigger ship. :)

With RCI putting a Voyager class ship on the MexRiv runs next year, NCL needs to keep pace.

I LIKE IT!!!

~d

WOW ... Star going thru PCanal' date=' eh? Hmmmmm ..... a 28-day B2B would be super-kewl.[/font']

I'd LOVE an F3 out here on the left coast. Then, NCL could go back to the 8-day MexRiv itinerary with that bigger ship. :)

With RCI putting a Voyager class ship on the MexRiv runs next year, NCL needs to keep pace.

I LIKE IT!!!

~d

RCI sent a Voyage class ship to Galveston, and EVERYONE, including NCL, left the Galveston-Houston market except Carnival.

I surely hope the same doesn't happen in L.A. :D

I'm sure West Coasters are just as tired of the Star as NY was tired of the Dawn.

Maybe one year the Pearl will remain on the West Coast, and the Star will end up in Miami?

RCI sent a Voyage class ship to Galveston, and EVERYONE, including NCL, left the Galveston-Houston market except Carnival.

I surely hope the same doesn't happen in L.A. :D

I'm sure West Coasters are just as tired of the Star as NY was tired of the Dawn.

Maybe one year the Pearl will remain on the West Coast, and the Star will end up in Miami?

Okay ... we'll take that, too! :D

Archived