Whats next?

Mikel1733

False 90% of the time, but what about the 10%? You live in Orlando, so you MUST remember hurricane Charlie?!?!?! Ripped apart Punta Gorda, then through Polk county and right through Orlando/Daytona? You can still see remnants of the damage that was done when you drive down I-75.

I guess that was just a afternoon storm, huh?

That same year, 3 hurricanes made landfall in Florida. Its all I conspiracy I guess? (right :rolleyes: ).

What I was saying about the gov't is, it isn't(shouldn't be) their responsibility to save your butt when you haven't planned responsibly. But you are the type to be on the news after the storm blaming everyone that you can't find suitable drinking water and food. I think anyone living where hurricanes can make landfall has a responsibility to plan ahead, just like anywhere else that has natural disasters.

I am not a weather man, but I do pay attention when they tell me there is a storm coming. As for the predictions, I think it is important to be reminded that these storms do start forming in the next couple of months. Plenty of time to plan.

Just to be clear:

There's a huge difference between the "tracking/monitoring/reporting of active storms" and someone making a "pre-season prediction of storm activity based on hindcasting".

Ignoring the life saving information given by the first is foolish, having any confidence in the second is ignorance.

My original point when I started this thread was how many different things are now negatively (IMO) influencing trying to take a cruise. Looking at the airline situation this week, I wonder how many folks who are going on a cruise this weekend will now end of missing their cruises. And all the various surcharges are really starting to add up. If you decide to book a cruise out a year or so you have absolutely no idea what you will end up paying overall.

If you decide to book a cruise out a year or so you have absolutely no idea what you will end up paying overall.

This is one of the reasons we never book that far ahead......

Oh and the fact that I don't like giving my money up early so a corporation can use it for profit........

I believe the way the economy is going it will effect all travel not just cruises...

If one avoids cruising in hurricane season, one can only cruise DECEMBER 1 thru MAY 31. All the rest of the year IS in hurricane season. And if one wishes to avoid any chance of encountering a hurricane, then one must cross off DECEMBER, JANUARY, and MAY as each of those months has had a hurricane within recent years. Thus your cruising 'season' becomes, FEBRUARY, MARCH, and APRIL.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Dan

Archived