Any females out there want to go on a cruise in 2006 on the Voyager of the Seas?

SJackson

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I am currently booked on this cruise with my fiancée and I in one room and my parents in the room next door. Well, things didn’t work out between my fiancée and myself and we are parting ways and now I’m stuck. I can’t afford to pay for the room by myself and I really don’t want to share a room with my parents. What 24 year old (the age I will be then) would want too? I really don’t know what to do, except post here and hope that some other female wants to go and can afford to pay her half of the room. I don’t care what age you are, just preferably non-smoking and trust worthy. I just want to get to know you before we go. You don’t have to hang with my parents or me if you don’t want too. I just need someone in the other bed so that I can afford this trip. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]My only other options are to share a room with my parents or to cancel the cruise all together. I don’t want to do either of those. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Like I said the cruise is the January 14, 2006 Voyager of the Seas sailing. My room is 1388, so it is a very nice and big room. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Any females out there interested let me know. [/size][/font]

[font='Times New Roman']Thank you.[/font]

I am sorry things didn't work out for you and your fiance, but one question, did your fiance have travel insurance? If so, you may not have to pay double for your cabin, you may just have to pay for one person and the travel insurance will pick up the rest, worth checking into if you did have the insurance. Hope this helps you out, good luck.

sorry doone

the travel ins would not kick in since there is plenty of time to cruise without penalty.

just a suggestion. dont do anything drastic such as share a room with the first stranger that comes along. i am not saying they will rob you or worse but to share small quarters with someone for a week is not something to take lightly. you can get on eachothers nerves fast. you have over a year before you sail.....DONT PANIC. ask your friends/ relatives that you get along with.....if $ is an issue there is over a year for them to save up. maybe you will meet a new friend or boyfriend in the interim. be patient

one more suggestion....move your cabin away from your parents, your single now ;)

[quote name='DUCK33']sorry doone

the travel ins would not kick in since there is plenty of time to cruise without penalty.

just a suggestion. dont do anything drastic such as share a room with the first stranger that comes along. i am not saying they will rob you or worse but to share small quarters with someone for a week is not something to take lightly. you can get on eachothers nerves fast. you have over a year before you sail.....DONT PANIC. ask your friends/ relatives that you get along with.....if $ is an issue there is over a year for them to save up. maybe you will meet a new friend or boyfriend in the interim. be patient

one more suggestion....move your cabin away from your parents, your single now ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm not really panicing, just worried because I want to go on this cruise so bad.

I don't want to move my room because I reserved the room I'm in for a reason. It is the only room I wanted. Maybe I'm neive, but I don't see being single as a reason to move my cabin away from them. :confused:

Another thought here, I know you said you picked this room for a reason, but what about getting a less expensive room, perhaps an inside cabin??? Then you can go on the cruise. Just a suggestion.

[quote name='doone']Another thought here, I know you said you picked this room for a reason, but what about getting a less expensive room, perhaps an inside cabin??? Then you can go on the cruise. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]I have thought about doing that, but I just don't know. I really really love the room I'm in. I did about a month of research before picking this room. If worse came to worse I would give up the room for an inside but I really wouldn't like it.

EDIT: while not "in depth", I did some searching. It would be over $200 more for me to have an inside room by myself. I can barely afford what I have let alone over $200 more. Plus I don't see that as a "bargin". Where I got my information was going to an online website that is advertised here and put in for single person inside cabin Dec 10 (so I could be somewhat close to my parents).

You have soooo much time between now and 2006, so don't panic. You never know what can happen between now and then. Do you have a woman friend who would like to cruise with you? How about a cousin or do you have a sibling? Sit tight and wait until the time for your final payment gets closer. Like I said, there's lots of time to find a travel partner.

[quote name='kitty9']You have soooo much time between now and 2006, so don't panic. You never know what can happen between now and then. Do you have a woman friend who would like to cruise with you? How about a cousin or do you have a sibling? Sit tight and wait until the time for your final payment gets closer. Like I said, there's lots of time to find a travel partner.[/QUOTE]
I don't really know my cousins at all. My family is very different and can barely stand each other. The only people who are close are my immediate family.

I have a sister, but right now she is pregnant and is going through A LOT of financial trouble. And I do mean A LOT. The baby would be under a year old at the time of the cruise. Not a good age to start cruising with.

I don't have a lot of friends (I've always been more of a loner...which is not helping me out now!). One of them I can't trust because she is into drinking (only to get drunk) and drugs (something I'm very much against) and the other is married and wouldn't think of taking a vacation without her hubby. I asked one of my guy friends, but he thinks it would be too complicated because he likes me more than I like him (is this high school?!)

I'm going to do some research and stuff now because I don't want to wait till the last minute to find out anything. I don't care what happens as long as I can get on my cruise!

You won't have to make final payment until 70 days before you cruise.....that is over a year from now. Save your money, talk with your friends and co-workers, etc. see if you can find someone to join you. You have plenty of time for that. You will eventually find someone to go with you.

Archived