Curious about the 30 day Tahiti round trip?

cirquskid

My DW and I are planning to try the San Diego, Tahiti round trip in either 2009 or early 2010. Just curious if anyone has done it and what can we expect. Also, isn't a Hawaiian shirt and slacks exceptable dinner wear for every night except the formal nights? Thanks

What ship is that?

Aloha Wendy,

The MS Statendam, Holland American. I don't really know if that's the actual ship that will make that perticular run date but it is doing it in September this year and the MS Ryndam is doing it in January, 2009.

They haven't released the schedules for the fall 2009 and beyond as yet.

My DW and I are planning to try the San Diego, Tahiti round trip in either 2009 or early 2010. Just curious if anyone has done it and what can we expect. Also, isn't a Hawaiian shirt and slacks exceptable dinner wear for every night except the formal nights? Thanks

Well, I don't know what folks really think about the Hawaiian Shirt and slacks for dinners except for formal nights--but---I've been cruising with a guy that wears exactly that--it's also what he wears to work--but at work he normally wears levis and Hawaiian Shirt--unless he needs to go to court--then a totally different costume..slacks/jacket/tie etc.

Nancy:D

Hi, we have done this itinerary twice once on the Amsterdam and then the Ryndam two months ago. We are booked to go again in Sep on the Statendam. Here is a link to my review http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38417 if you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them.

ps DH wears Hawaiian shirts most nights except formal.

Aloha kakalina and Mahalo

He's a man after my own heart:D

Since you've don't it and are doing it again, I take it you recommend it? We will be celebrating

our 25th Anniversary and wanted to do something truly special and it sounds like the perfect cruise.

John

Hi John and welcome to the roll call. Yes, we highly recommend this cruise. In point of fact we took the first one on our 25th wedding anniversary. I don't think you can do any better for a cruise to remember all your life.

I am glad you liked the review. Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise. If you click on the photos link in our signature you can go to look at some of the pix we took in FP.

• 1 month later...
Hi, we have done this itinerary twice once on the Amsterdam and then the Ryndam two months ago. We are booked to go again in Sep on the Statendam. Here is a link to my review http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38417 if you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them.

ps DH wears Hawaiian shirts most nights except formal.

Thanks for the great review. We are thinking real hard about doing the same trip..still not sure but at least now I have more to think about. :)

Archived