Please Help...Dress!!!

Saveapenny

Hi, We are bookd on the Summit for just over 2 weeks time.

I went to start sortign my dresses out last night and to my horror (or joy which ever way you luck at it) they are all too big.

I now need a formal dress :eek:

A litle about me

I am 5ft 4" and a size 16 on the top 18 on the bottom (UK)

I have to have a dress that fits under the boobs because of my odd shape :rolleyes:

I have been searching the net all day and they either seem too casual and suited more to a nice summer night out or you have to be 6ft tall to wear them. Because I cant wear heels I thought a Maxi lenght but no joy in finding one.

Does anyone know a good supplier in the UK with a sort delivery time that as soem dresses/gowns to suit a short odd shaped women.

Mandy

If I'm not mistaken, you'd be about a US size 14 or extra large?

Can you purchase from a line of clothing called T-Bags in the UK? They make fantastic maxi dresses that magically make you appear about 10 pounds thinner.

Not cheap but they drape and fit perfectly.

Thanks for that.

I cant seem to find many UK stockists

I found 1 but the sizes are XS,S or M

I'm hitting the shops this weekend maybe I will have some luck there but I am not holding my breath. With the party season over I know there wont be much to chose from.

Mandy

This was my first thougth and the cheapest option.

I am having trouble finding a tailor/ess near by to do the work

I have 1 lady to ring tomorrow to see if she as time if not its leg work round the shops and more money

Mandy

Hello, I am also going crazy trying to find something. I am in Florida & have looked everwhere. The styles are either to old or to young! I also have a odd shape large chest & big back thin legs no butt. It is so easy for my husband same size for 17 years. What am I going to do? HELP!

Thanks everyone for your input

I brought this one today hope its suitable

http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=G33&p=48&s=2&n=Women&pid=404-928-G33&extra=sch&exclude=00A00&ref=http%3a%2f%2fsearch%2enext%2eco%2euk%2fsearch%3fp%3dQ%26ts%3dv3%26w%3dblack%20and%20cream%20dress%26srid%3dS5%2d6%26lbc%3dnext%26af%3d%26cnt%3d%26images%3don%26srt%3d%26isort%3dscore%26method%3dand%26format%3d%26nb%3d%26np%3d it doent do it justice the straps and band are a lovel silky gold colour with pearls on

I have a couple of nice seperate sets which I will be taking as well

I just need all the finishing bits now

Mandy

Archived