Reasonable Tip for Cave Tubing

kmacht

I tried posting this in reply to another cave tubing question but after no responses I figured I would try a new thread. What is a reasonable tip to leave the tour guide after going cave tubing? I am not sure what is considered a good tip. This assumes that I enjoyed the excursion which I am sure I will based on all the good reviews.

Keith

I tried posting this in reply to another cave tubing question but after no responses I figured I would try a new thread. What is a reasonable tip to leave the tour guide after going cave tubing? I am not sure what is considered a good tip. This assumes that I enjoyed the excursion which I am sure I will based on all the good reviews.

Keith

We gave $20 for them to split between them. I saw most people didn't give anything so I'm sure whatever you give will be greatly appreciated.

. . . with which Belizeans maintain the park, purchase and maintain the vehicles in which we ride, buy the gas at over $5 US per gallon for the 75 mile roundtrip, buy the tubes, the flashlights, the life vests, pay for the licenses for the vehicles and guides, purchase the insurance, and buy the rice'n'beans they need to eat in order to get up in the morning and get down to the cruiseship terminal in plenty of time, purchase banner ads on Cruise Critic or other fine commercial enterprises or "make deals" with cruise lines.

These guys are rolling in dough!--which they fry up in the mornings as "fried jacks" to keep their stomachs from growling too badly for you to hear their tour spiel. By all means tip like an American or a Canadian. Everyone knows we're broke. :D Or you could look around when you get to Belize and think about what little bit you MIGHT be able to do to help.

"Millions for torture and war crimes; pennies for tips!" In God we trust.

Archived