Are Blankets Clean on Azamara Journey 5/16 Sailing?

renachai

I am sailing on 5/16/08 on the Azamara Journey leaving Barcelona at 5PM. I just noticed that the ship returns from an 11 day sailing the exact same day at 7AM. Does anyone know if housekeeping is required to change blankets/duvets to clean laundered ones or do they follow hotel/motel protocols and just replace the sheets?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Renachai,

We are frequent cruisers and have sailed over 10 times in the past 4 years (Alaska, Caribbean, Europe,etc.). ALL cruise lines sail year round and disembark and embark passengers on the same day!!! I have never been on a cruise that this was not true.

The crew work incredibly hard on the day of disembarkation and normally have everything ready by early afternoon for those that are embarking that day.

While I don't know for certain if the blankets and duvets are laundered after every cruise, I would have to assume that they are. We have ALWAYS experienced a very clean and tidy stateroom upon embarkation ...never, ever any problems. I am very particular and rather fanatical about cleanliness. The crew does a remarkable job "turning the ship

over" to a new set of passengers in a matter of hours.

Please do not worry ....everything will be clean and in good order by the time you embark.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Nancy

I am sailing on 5/16/08 on the Azamara Journey leaving Barcelona at 5PM. I just noticed that the ship returns from an 11 day sailing the exact same day at 7AM. Does anyone know if housekeeping is required to change blankets/duvets to clean laundered ones or do they follow hotel/motel protocols and just replace the sheets?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Renachai !

Yes, there will be no problems, so dont worry, and enjoy your Cruise !

Yes you read my mind!....the EXTRA Cleaning. I wonder if they'll have time to shampoo the stateroom carpet:) For the price we pay...they should run the rug doctor so we can actually walk barefoot in our cabins. Trust me you...I will be checking every nook and cranny....I am a true germ phobic... lol:)

reply to:

orchestrapal user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_14206744", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

No one is talking about sheets being changed as this happens every day.

The question concerns the Extra Cleaning that we all hope the ship has done between occupants.:confused:

I am a true germ phobic... lol:)

A bit of a "Monk" character- lol! OT but I have to share this because do I have a hotel for you!

We stayed at the Beausite Park Hotel in Wengen, Switzerland on a lark. We had just a double room with a balcony overlooking the Alps. The room had beautiful cork floors and I always bring white cotton footies instead of slippers. The socks were brand new and I walked around that entire room and bathroom, evening and morning and when I went to dress the next morning I noticed the bottoms of the socks were SPOTLESS! Aside from cleaning the room, the housekeeper hung the duvet outside everyday while we were gone to freshen it and cleaned the windows. Dinner service was pristine and flawless, including removing crumbs between courses and tablecloths between dinner guests. There is no detail too small for that hotel - I could go on and on.

Archived