Share Celebrity secrets

n2cruisin2

Thank you all for your insights. We will be cruising Celebrity for the first time in '09 and it's great to see what we have to look forward to.

My questions are....where do I find the homemade ice cream?:D And....what is "Celebrity dressing"????:confused:

Celebrity dressing is a salad dressing offered on some nights. The waiter comes around with the 3 choices on a tray. My friend and I really preferred the Celebrity dressing, a creamy celery seed-type. Very light and tasty with just a hint of garlic. Once our asst waiter realized how much we liked it (after we whined in dismay one time when it wasn't offered, lol), he just added it to the other 3 choices on the tray.

There is an ice cream station in the buffet at lunch, but I don't know if the ice creams are home-made. I sometimes get the sugar-free chocolate.

The Celebrity dressing is made with anchovies in a light mayonaise base. It's excellent and very unique. Our waiter told us this is their "house" dressing. I wish I knew it was available even if not on the menu. My DH would have ordered all 11 nights!

I remember that the blueberry, cinnamon and peanut butter ice creams seemed homemade -- they were amazing! One thing I noticed is that if an ice cream or sorbet flavor is available on the dinner menu one night, they usually have it readily available near the buffet most of the next day too.

Archived