Share Celebrity secrets

n2cruisin2

Hi Terry and Mike,

Welcome to Celebrity. You're going on a cruise I've yet to enjoy so we'll all expect your input upon your return.

Millie is a lovely ship. We sailed on her March '07 and had a great time. You'll love all that's offered and don't rush one minute of your 14 days.

Waffles are the greatest as well as the freshly made ice creams and the pasta bar and the...........I'm gaining weight thinking about it.

You guys have fun making new memories and have a great cruise!!!!

Barry

At Cafe Cova in the mornings they have wonderful Almond Croissants. I am not a big danish fan, but I love them. However, they only make a minimal amount and all are usually gone by 10 am. So if you want them make friends with the server so he will save you one or come early.

This is probably the same as with Carnival - you get the best prices on spa treatments on sea days. Also, I believe they offer an auction style bidding for spa treatments near the end of the cruise for one day. The bid has to be more than 50% of the original spa treatment fee.

My three favorite things about the Millennium:

1. Spa Cafe - this cafe serves "healthier" fare but it is really delicious especially their fresh fruit in the morning and their "healthy" desserts. I love the papaya that they serve along with their mueslix.

2. Cova Cafe - this is a great place to hang out. There are always musicians or acapella groups performing here at night and the sketch artist hangs out here too. The coffee is decent and the pastries are awesome.

3. Thelassotherapy Pool - my hubby and I hang out here during the day. They have a great pool that is very relaxing and there are beautiful teak chairs around the pool and facing the ocean. It is not generally crowded and you can sit in the chairs that face the ocean and lower the windows and enjoy the breeze. We usually fall asleep here. :)

Enjoy, I'm cruising on the Millennium on Sunday and I can't wait to get my croissants from Cova in the morning.

In case all the talk about the fantastic croissants has gotten you to wondering -- the croissants are free, the coffee costs!

Just to clarify....the coffee in the Cova Cafe costs extra because they serve capuccinos and lattes. The coffee on the rest of the ship is free.

I've heard from so many people how Celebrity does so much right for the passengers. You've all made it even more exciting with the "special" secrets. I'm looking forward to the croissants, the ice cream, the spa, and the pool.

Anything else? This is all so "cool"!!!!:cool: :D

None of these mentioned above are secrets, but I notice no one mentioned the waffles so I will be the one, in Texed's absence (our waffle king, lol).

The Belgian waffle station is aft of the buffet area. Make sure you get a fresh one and ask for it well done. Very occasionally one will be sitting in front for a few minutes and loses its freshness. If its done right it will be crispy on the outside and softer inside. There are lots of toppings to choose from. I just get butter and sugar-free syrup. (My guilt level does have limits, lol)

There is also bacon, sausage, fruit and other breakfast stuff. There is a juice machine and a waiter with a coffee cart. You can eat right there inside or go outside on the deck where there are umbrella tables. It is also adjacent to the covered Palm Springs pool and solarium.

If you eat in the buffet for breakfast, try the made-to-order omelets--yummy.

On the last formal night they serve lobster and baked alaska. I don't care for baked alaska (or lobster) and always ask for something else, preferably chocolate. Evidently, on some ships, the dessert menu isn't always offered and the waiters assume everyone wants the alaska. So ask for the menu if you don't want the alaska. On our Mercury Aust/NZ cruise last Jan. my friend and I anticipated this and asked for something else ahead of time. The ass't m'd delivered a yummy chocolate dessert the next night.

Oh, I almost forgot. If you want free playing cards ask at the service desk. I've done this on Mercury and Galaxy and I think it's the same on every ship. If you ask for "bridge cards" they will give you two decks of different colors. They are not as good a quality as the pricey ones at the gift shop, but they're free, so what the heck, lol.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska C/T

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy PC 6/06 Jewel Br. Is/Nor. Fjords

1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib.

6/09 Summit Classical Med.

I've heard from so many people how Celebrity does so much right for the passengers. You've all made it even more exciting with the "special" secrets. I'm looking forward to the croissants, the ice cream, the spa, and the pool.

Anything else? This is all so "cool"!!!!:cool: :D

I'm super excited for you that you get to cruise with Celebrity. They are an awesome cruise line. I just thought of a few other things:

1. The waffles have been mentioned twice now.....but people do RAVE about them so make sure to try them; I have seen several posts here on cruise critic and have never found one that said, "oh, I don't know why people always RAVE about the waffles, they are just ok. People really love them.

2. You can have as many appetizers, entrees, desserts, etc. as you want in the dining room; just make sure you work out the next day! If you like the shrimp cocktail then get two (for example).

3. You can request the same dessert, appetizer, or entree from night to night if you want; just let your waiter know if you liked something. I remember eating an incredible ice cream dessert with brandied cherries in it and the waiter brought it the last night because I requested it. It was so good!

4. On our last celebrity cruise they did a wine and food pairing. I think they charge a little extra for this (unless you are Captain's Club). It was very enjoyable.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

You didn't say what class room your in. I know everyone talks about the waffles but if your a cc room or suite you also have a great breakfast menu and wonderful room service. They cater to your needs, don't feel to shy to ask. Enjoy your cruise. I'll bet your going to love Celebrity!!! Be sure to let us know how it compares to your other cruises.

You didn't say what class room your in. I know everyone talks about the waffles but if your a cc room or suite you also have a great breakfast menu and wonderful room service. They cater to your needs, don't feel to shy to ask. Enjoy your cruise. I'll bet your going to love Celebrity!!! Be sure to let us know how it compares to your other cruises.

And if you have a cc cabin, don't forget to order Smoothies for breakfast -- especially the strawberry smoothy!!:D

I think the strawberry smoothie is the only one that's good. My personal favorite is the granola berry parfait. People mentioned almond croissants at the Cova--their chocolate ones are great too. Also, enjoy the thalasotherapy pool--particularly after you've been hiking all over the place and your body is tired. Enjoy your cruise!

On the M class ships the sauna has a huge picture window. This way you can relax and still get to see a great view. There is a steam room as well but no view. I think lots of people don't use these facilities as they are located behind the spa and may think there is a fee for them. There isn't. I enjoy alternating between the sauna & the steam room and using the free Elemis toner, conditioner & cleanser in between. I am so totally rested and refreshed when I'm done.

Welcome, and I hope your first X cruise will be as great as mine was. We loved every minute. Be sure to try the Creme Brule' it is out of this world.As far as secrets, I'm not sure I know any other than the ones mentioned above, except that when I mentioned that Creme was most favorite dessert I was served 2 of them that night. Let your waiter/waitress know if you are celebrating a special occasion, they may do something special for you. We got an anniversary cake for dessert on our anniversary.

Our cruise is to through the Panama Canal on the Millennium. We currently have a starboard balcony (not the sweet sixteen-sadly), but we're hoping to upgrade to a CC on the day of sailing---April 20.

Is your cruise showing CC availability? Hope you are not disappointed, because there is rarely a chance of buying an upgrade on the day of sailing since most of the ships are going out full. Please let us know if you are successful. And have a great cruise!

The spa usually has special pricing for some of its services whenever they are in port, but if you booked your treatment before that special is announced they will charge you the full rate.

Therefore, if you are planning to have a spa treatment while the ship is in port, I would recommend waiting until the last minute to book it so that you can take advantage of any specials that might be available.

If you plan to have your hair done in their salon, make the appointment in person so they can give you the real price. They charge by short, medium, or long hair but, based on my experience, a person must be bald to get their rate for short hair.

They have many different types of manicures and when you make an appointment for one they will quote you their cheapest option. However, when you get to the salon they will automatically do the most expensive one and you don't realize it until it is time to pay the bill. To prevent this from happening you should describe the type of manicure you want before getting a quote and then discussing this with whoever does your manicure before she starts.

Ask your waiter to send the assistant maitre d' over to the table at dinner...and ask him to arrange a galley tour.

We had no problem arranging one (despite not being suite passengers or having cruised Celebrity 10 times). The head chef answered lots of questions and was very gracious, and it was a neat thing to do on our last day at sea.

A galley tour? That would be a great thing to do. Is there a set time for these tours or can you go anytime?

Last time I checked with the cruise lines, they were sold out. However, just before the website wouldn't let you look at the available cabins (within the last two weeks of cruise-they quit showing availabilties online), I know two CC cabins kept showing up on a regular basis every couple days (people were holding them on a courtesy hold--I know I was one of them-hehe). I'm hoping that one cabin is available on the day of sailing and we can snag it. Here's to hoping!!

I thought of some other things that were special about the waiters. On our last cruise two of us really preferred the Celebrity dressing for our salads, but it wasn't always featured each night. The first time we showed disappointment at that, our ass't waiter made a special trip to get it for us and every night after that he just automatically brought it out.

On X and RCCL cruises I've had waiters bring me a chocolate dessert even if chololate wasn't on the menu.

On all of our cruises we've had wonderful service with the staff bending over backwards to do the best for us.

Archived