Advice on Beach Resorts

Lil Saints Fan

Hey Everyone!

My husband and I, along with group of friends (about 20-25 total), are porting in St. Thomas in May 09. I have read through some posts, but I have a few questions about the beach resorts there. So we are looking for a nice resort that offers an entry fee that includes drinks (alcohol) and food. Also, if the resort offered activities such as snorkling, jet ski, maybe some land/sand activities. And I will be truthful, our number one concern is the bar. Meaning not having just one bar with a long line. We would like to have several bars surrounding us....so the liquor will keep flowing.....:p ...lol

But,what I have read so far, I do not see a resort that offers that. If anyone knows a resort that offers such amenities, I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks so much!

Wow, that was a tad bit rude. We have never traveled to St. Thomas and thats why we are wondering of such a resort existed. We have been to other islands...Montego Bay... Grand Cayman....etc. and there are resorts that offers such amenities. Now I understand that these are different islands, but we really enjoyed the resorts of that nature. Now if your implying that all we want to do is drink...maybe the post came off as so? But I was just stating that we would like to drink while relaxing on the beach.

By the way, I thought this was suppose to be a forum that members help each other with useful information. Thanks for your help in stating that the ship would be the best place for my husband and I to go in St. Thomas. If anyone has any useful information on this topic, I would greatly appreciate your help.

It sounds like what you're looking for is a day pass to an all-inclusive hotel. There's only one on St. Thomas, the Wyndham Sugar Bay, and I don't believe they offer anything like that for cruise ship passengers. We stayed there for 5 days a few years ago and it was wonderful. :D

But for cruise ship passengers, I'm afraid that they're all "pay as you go" with regard to food and beverages, even the Wyndham. :o

If you want a unique St. Thomas experience. Go to Magen's Bay. It probably will be crowded but if you have never been there, go. Rent a float for less than $10. Now here is the best part. . .the waitress will wade into the water and bring you your cocktail while you are on the float. What can be better than that.:D

The beaches in St. Thomas are public. Bolongo Bay has a very nice beach bar Iggies which is open to the public you can take a cab there and sit at the bar, no charge. It is literally steps from the ocean.

Actually any of the restaurants/bars at the resorts are usually open to the public. We have found as long as we purchase food and/or beverages at a resort, everybody is happy.

Thanks everyone for your useful information. I have been searching for all inclusive resorts, but I have not come across one. Thats it why I decided to post this question, hoping someone knew a place that maybe wasn't advertised. But again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post....Can't wait to be there already!!!! :p

Thanks everyone for your useful information. I have been searching for all inclusive resorts, but I have not come across one. Thats it why I decided to post this question, hoping someone knew a place that maybe wasn't advertised. But again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post....Can't wait to be there already!!!! :p

Hang in there. This forum is great and has many helpful people. Let us know what you finally decide.

but in many visits and much research, I don't know if I have seen a beach resort in St Thomas that includes liquor in the price of admission of a day pass (correct me if I misread your post). Most of the resorts at beaches will allow visitors to purchase drinks from the resort on a drink by drink basis.

As for the using the beach... you can use all the beaches on the island without paying for a day pass to the hotel (but not necessarily their chairs, pools or activities without an additional charge). I will see what else I can find for you but what other ports are you visiting... would one of those ports perhaps have more options for this type of day? Then in St Thomas maybe go in a different direction?

Sorry... I am sure that is not much help... but I tried. Good luck.

SORRY... many other posts provided same info as I was typing my reply... sorry for being erroneous.

Thanks Pandot....We have looked at other ports to do so, but in Nassau we are only there until 1:30-2:00, so we decided not to waste the whole porting time on that. As for as St. Maarten, I have browsed around, but have not done any real research. I guess I jumped ahead of myself! We are not going until May 09 and I have been stuck on this website and google everyday since we decided to book it! :p So, I have decided to stop researching for a little while....it will be a LOOONNGGG year if I don't :D Everytime I see pictures or read these posts I get all excited.....then reality hits.....:o and I realize I still have a year till we sail off!.....so I guess I'll pick it up for a few months... BUT I greatly appreciate everyone's help! And as soon as our plans are set in stone....I'll let you guys know what we decided.

Thanks again,

They prefer to cater to their guests and many only have 30-40 rooms or suites so that big a group would be overwhelming and an annoyaqnc eto the paying guests. You might try the Marriott as they cater to convention groups.

Archived