Kids on Carnival??

suds1421

My Wife and I are planning on sailing somewhere around Jan 15th 04. I have heard that the kids on Carnival will be less because they will have just had winter break... Is there any truth to this? I don't mind a few kids, but I don't want to be over run.

Even though that's a holiday weekend, our kids and most likely all other kids, get off of school for only one day- that monday the 17th of January. So I wouldn't recommend a short 3 or 4 day cruise because of the likelihood of there being children there. But a longer cruise such as a 7 day cruise should be just fine. Most parents will not be taking their kids out of school for that long. Especially since they have just had a good two weeks off for Christmas and New Year's.;)

We went on a cruise this past January and there were very few kids on board. I don't think you'll have a problem as long as it is a 7 day cruise. But if you're looking at a shorter cruise, just go the week before or the week after. January is a good month if you're looking for a cruise with few kids on board.:) People are pretty tapped out after the holidays and kids are just getting back to school and getting into their routine again.

We are booked on a 5 day cruise. We have to cruise in off time for the $$$. You will see some kids .Large families have to go when it's cheap! (I would say most kids will be in school.)Hope you have fun even if you see a few kids.

IMHO, I love CCL (see below) but CCL is the most kid friendly cruise lines. On our last Christmas cruise there were over 500 kids. There are cruise lines that do not cater to kids as much such as HAL and Crystal. The second week of Jan. should be better for less kids and quiter pools. Have a great trip.

Let me just start off by saying, I have a 16 yr old daughter that I adore, been an active girl scout leader for many years and am always surronded by kids. That said, uugghhh I would not want to cruise with a bunch of them.

We just got back from the Carnival Triumph (sailing two extra days on 9/18 thanks to Hurricane Jeanne) We had a fantastic time. There were not many kids. I would not be worried about little kids. If you have late seating for dinner that was not a problem, the only problem I saw was with the 12-15 yr old boys. (not sure if there were girls and they just stayed with the parents or there just wasn't any)

Carnival has lots of activities for the younger set, but when they are pre-teens and rambuctious they could really use organized activities. Hide and go seek in an empty lounge with a few adults playing trivial pursuit is not an organized activity!!!! This was quickly resolved by speaking with security. (for those that have said security does nothing, keep bitching til you find one that will)

My daughter is 16 and I was told by carnival that they have get togethers and socials for 15-18, so they can mingle. There were a few things, but not enough to actually keep them busy during sea days. (The group my daughter was with had a blast anyway)

As long as it is not a school break there will not be many kids, but like others have posted, go with a great attitude and it won't matter.

Sharen aka Daisy

Archived